nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Dice is funny (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=132902)

Noriega 05-13-09 10:31 PM

Dice is funny

The chaps at GI.Biz spoke with D.I.C.E.'s creative director Lars Gustavsson about what lessons that the company learned after making Battlefield: Bad Company.
"To me, Battlefield: Bad Company was an eye-opener, and for a very long time I think the PC audience was seen as the hardcore, the most competitive and dedicated audience. Maybe at one time that was partially true, but now we definitely see a fanatic shooter audience on console.
"I think one of our biggest mistakes with Battlefield: Bad Company for example was that when we started making it, laying out the plans, the view on the gamer was that it's a console audience, and we need to treat them a bit more gently, since they're less experienced...

"Well, when we shipped it - it was quite a long project - the audience had grown, matured, played more online... so they knew what a shooter on a console should be like, what to expect.

And that's why they will make less classes, big blips, autoaim and other arcade stuff in their next games... cause consoles are hardcore! :headexplode:

DICE can go to hell. Whole community is waiting for proper BF2 successor but they are making some ****ty console shooters or lame mmos like Heroes. SO FKIN PATHETIC!

Mr. Hunt 05-14-09 12:08 AM

Re: Dice is funny

I love how dumb you truly are. I rarely play FPS on consoles that have auto aim, and I doubt you have ever even played a FPS on console.

Noriega 05-14-09 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt (Post 2005039)
I love how dumb you truly are. I rarely play FPS on consoles that have auto aim, and I doubt you have ever even played a FPS on console.

First learn to read, then think about what mastermind you are to judge someones wisdom from forum posts.

NarcissistZero 05-14-09 12:23 AM

Console gamers are just as hardcore as PC gamers, and shooters made around analog aiming usually are just as challenging and fun as mouse aiming... it's PC ports that often have bad analog aiming (though there aren't many of those anymore).

Noriega 05-14-09 12:29 AM

Guys you are missing the point. Dice worker says that consoles are for hardcore gamers and they want to make hardcore games WHILE they making their next games that are dumbed down (BF1943 with only 3 classes, blips everywhere, unlimited ammo, autoaim). It's like talking that "i'm not gay" while seating on Craingers knees and watching "what what" song. Dice gomes goes down since BF2... I'm talking bout BF 2142, BC and Heroes.

dikinher 05-14-09 12:30 AM

Hmmm...then can DICE explain why BC still has a small community?

m3dude 05-14-09 12:58 AM

console gamers are, on average, much more skilled and typically learn much faster than pc gamers so i can see what lars means.

dikinher 05-14-09 01:05 AM

I'd like to see a console gamer and his controller against a PC gamer and his mouse in Battlefield 2. Let me know who is more skilled.:)

And how could one say that console gamers are more skilled and learn much faster when the games they play are developed with accessibility in mind? It's like saying a one year old on average is more skilled in scribbling than an adult writing an essay.

Buio 05-14-09 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3dude (Post 2005124)
console gamers are, on average, much more skilled and typically learn much faster than pc gamers so i can see what lars means.

And you are basing this statement on what?

Anyway, regarding the topic I don't care. If DICE want to make games for consoles first, then go ahead. If they do a sucky PC port, I wont buy it. Many other fps games have good PC versions, so I don't see why DICE cant make a good PC version too.

crainger 05-14-09 01:49 AM

LOL

You are hardcore Noriega.

CaptNKILL 05-14-09 01:51 AM

Uhg...

Another PC vs. Console thread?

All in favor of closing this thread to prevent a flame war, please raise your hands... :p

SH64 05-14-09 02:01 AM

/raises hand