nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   IGN bashes Microsoft PC game support (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=132931)

Buio 05-14-09 10:02 AM

IGN bashes Microsoft PC game support

In IGN's early predictions for 2009
http://pc.ign.com/articles/982/982434p1.html

They just state what is known, but well at least they say it. Microsoft is only interested in games on the XBox 360. Sure they develop DX11 and Windows. But at the same time they shut down their studios that made some classical big PC games. Basically they say "here is DX11 and Windows 7 which is awesome for games on PC" while themselves only developing for XBox 360 because they think that's where all the money is.

LordJuanlo 05-14-09 10:11 AM

Re: IGN bashes Microsoft PC game support

Sad but true, as a PC gamer I feel that Microsoft couldn't care less about the platform. They are a big company, they have an obscene amount of cash, if they had a little bit of interest on PC gaming they would *DO* something more than GFWLive and DX11.

Toss3 05-14-09 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buio (Post 2005395)
In IGN's early predictions for 2009
http://pc.ign.com/articles/982/982434p1.html

They just state what is known, but well at least they say it. Microsoft is only interested in games on the XBox 360. Sure they develop DX11 and Windows. But at the same time they shut down their studios that made some classical big PC games. Basically they say "here is DX11 and Windows 7 which is awesome for games on PC" while themselves only developing for XBox 360 because they think that's where all the money is.

Good article from IGN. :thumbsup:

Medion 05-14-09 10:33 AM

I would literally laugh my ass off if MS's ambivalence towards PC gaming, and Apple's recent interest in gaming, leads to Apple becoming the dominant (PC) gaming platform within the next few years. Right now, the main reasons to use Windows over MAC OS are cost (for equivalent hardware), games, and that businesses use MS. If hardcore gamers were to start switching over to Apple, the volume could help drive costs a little lower. It would have a potential trickle down effect.

No, I don't think that it will happen, but like I said, I'd laugh my ass off if it did.

MaxFX 05-14-09 11:13 AM

yeah true thats something for the A-Holes at MS to think about, they will sh.. in their pants if it go that way so they better hurry up and stand by their word..ooh we all love Pc gaming as windows is the number 1 plattform for us and Games For Windows bla bla bla is the best thing ever and lookey at our support. we give you the finger and go 360.

Well something like that it is. so heres hoping Apple will shake upp their ass so they do something about it douchbags!

Noriega 05-14-09 11:35 AM

I would say that MS even hurt PC gaming.GFW Live with Xbox 360 ads almost everywhere, buying PC games exclusivity only for Xbox 360, closing PC developers... and so on so on so on.

fizzelopeguss 05-14-09 11:58 AM

Where MS slacks others will step in, valve is making a killing, you'll prolly see the big chip manufacturers start co-funding game projects also.

DeusGear 05-14-09 02:03 PM

Microsoft sure gave us the middle finger with the terrible refresh rate system of dx10 causing many crt users problems and HDTV issues.

Buio 05-14-09 03:30 PM

One common reason for people to stick with Windows and not use other OS is games. Seems MS is so sure about that now, as they got it locked with DX, they think they don't need to bother doing anything else themselves. I sure hope it backfires somehow.

NarcissistZero 05-14-09 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buio (Post 2005631)
One common reason for people to stick with Windows and not use other OS is games. Seems MS is so sure about that now, as they got it locked with DX, they think they don't need to bother doing anything else themselves. I sure hope it backfires somehow.

Yeah, I would love to see their complete dismissal of PC gaming backfire on them, but... not sure it will. Time will tell.

Ancient76 05-14-09 04:20 PM

This is the reason why i don't want to buy multiplatform games.

NaitoSan 05-14-09 04:34 PM

What about Windows 7? It's superior to Vista and gives a nice boost in performance for most of games. Maybe Microsoft have some announcement for PC games at E3 this year. But really, Microsoft isn't only one that makes games... there's a lot of other developers that makes games too. Don't blame Microsoft solely for this.