nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Splinter Cell: Conviction Teaser (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=132996)

nekrosoft13 05-15-09 04:52 PM

Splinter Cell: Conviction Teaser

Ubi outdone themself again. This Teaser shows so much of the game

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/49278.html

mailman2 05-15-09 05:12 PM

Re: Splinter Cell: Conviction Teaser

Does double agent even work? I still had to use some command line thing and it was still missing textures.

NarcissistZero 05-15-09 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mailman2 (Post 2006794)
Does double agent even work?

Not on PC... play it on the 360, if you have one.

REALLY excited about this game... I love Ubisoft Montreal, I love Splinter Cell, and the delay hopefully means a polished and new experience.

mailman2 05-15-09 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NarcissistZero (Post 2006799)
Not on PC... play it on the 360, if you have one.

REALLY excited about this game... I love Ubisoft Montreal, I love Splinter Cell, and the delay hopefully means a polished and new experience.

I have a 360 but I cant play first or third person shooters on it. I need a mouse and keyboard. The 360 is for the kids mostly, them and sports games (madden, NHL, etc). Everything else is PC for me.

Mr. Hunt 05-16-09 02:51 AM

After Double Agent I have zero faith in this series.

dikinher 05-16-09 08:49 PM

I am getting sick and tired of these teasers that Ubisoft puts out. And then their games end up being mediocre at best.

SH64 05-16-09 08:57 PM

You should put a MAJOR spoiler alert in the thread title :bleh:

XP_GUN 05-16-09 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dikinher (Post 2008116)
I am getting sick and tired of these teasers that Ubisoft puts out. And then their games end up being mediocre at best.

I agree look at Tom Clancy's EndWar I was like wow this game is going to be so awesome during the teaser but was disappointed when I saw the game play. :headexplode:

NarcissistZero 05-17-09 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt (Post 2007303)

Completely different dev teams.

RAY16 05-17-09 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NarcissistZero (Post 2008256)
Completely different dev teams.

Half right. The "Next-Gen" version was made by Ubisoft Shanghai, however the original Xbox version of Double Agent was made by Montreal and from what I understand is better than the 360/PC version.

NarcissistZero 05-17-09 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAY16 (Post 2008554)
Half right. The "Next-Gen" version was made by Ubisoft Shanghai, however the original Xbox version of Double Agent was made by Montreal and from what I understand is better than the 360/PC version.

Yeah, it was decent. It depends on what you're looking for...

The 360/PS3/PC version of Double Agent has a lot of bugs, especially on PC, and is pretty short/simple... the "undercover" levels I thought were awesome though, and did "stealth in the light" better than Assassin's Creed did, in my opinion.

The Xbox version was basically Chaos Theory with new levels, though not quite as good. It felt somewhat redundant to me and I never even finished it, and that's coming from someone who practically worships Chaos Theory.

If anyone here hates Double Agent because of the crappy PC version I urge you to get the 360 game for cheap and try it out. It has AA and HDR together, it runs great and has very few glitches and certain levels are very, very cool.

Sobbsy 05-17-09 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt (Post 2007303)

I think you mean you have zero faith in Ubisoft Shanghai. THEY are what screwed up Double Agent. The Montreal studio gave us Splinter Cell & Chaos Theory, and they're giving us Conviction (After listening to all the anger about the changes initially and redesigning the game! For us!), so I trust this will be a competent and engaging continuation of the series.

Better than Chaos Theory? God I hope so, but who knows. Malta is a fan-****ing-tastic place to start, and I can only hope we get some actual gameplay time there and not just a simple opening cutscene. On a sexy new engine, that could be... Incredible.