nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   General Hardware (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   spilled a drink on my logitech G15keyboard (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=133130)

hokeyplyr48 05-19-09 12:49 PM

spilled a drink on my logitech G15keyboard

I accidentally spilled a drink on my logitech G15keyboard and a friend told me to let it dry overnight and thats what fixed his. i tried that and it doesnt look like it fixed anything. the right side of the keyboard either doesnt respond or it presses a completey unrelated key. does anyone have any suggestions about how to fix it or do i just have to buy a new one?

hokeyplyr48 05-19-09 12:54 PM

Re: spilled a drink on my logitech G15keyboard

or suggest a good alternative?

What would that do?

Smokey 05-19-09 02:47 PM

I spilt coffee on mine, I just bought another keyboard :p Think its the 3rd one Ive nuked with coffee :lol:

Toss3 05-19-09 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hokeyplyr48 (Post 2010951)
I accidentally spilled a drink on my logitech G15keyboard and a friend told me to let it dry overnight and thats what fixed his. i tried that and it doesnt look like it fixed anything. the right side of the keyboard either doesnt respond or it presses a completey unrelated key. does anyone have any suggestions about how to fix it or do i just have to buy a new one?

Just take it apart and clean it - it's very easy to put together again(done it a couple of times)! Don't loose any of those little screws though.. :)

crainger 05-19-09 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hokeyplyr48 (Post 2010959)
or suggest a good alternative?

What would that do?

Don't be rude.

The alcohol will do two things, cut through the gunk and then assist in drying out any left over moisture. Any hardware junkie knows that, that is why it's used so commonly and should already be in your PC toolkit...

Sazar 05-19-09 03:49 PM

What they said.

The alcohol is probably the best thing to get rid of the gunk, which is the most likely culprit in your non-functional bits.

KasuCode 05-20-09 12:59 AM

Before you toss it out can i have the ribon cable and that goes from the keyboard to the screen? mine broke. :p

D3V1N 05-20-09 01:23 AM

dishwasher, ive done it with acouple
i let them dry over night and didnt use them till after work the next day
worked awsome
only hang up is the lcd
heat element on the bottom of the dishwasher might be too much so i'd op for top rack
i have the g11 and i will be doing this soon

crainger 05-20-09 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KasuCode (Post 2011628)
Before you toss it out can i have the ribon cable and that goes from the keyboard to the screen? mine broke. :p

Yeah, if you can't save it, part it out on EBay. Might make a little bit back. ::D:

XDanger 05-24-09 06:43 AM

Yes take it apart, I wouldnt suggest just poring alkihol (hic) in the same place.

Airbrushkid 05-24-09 08:17 AM

I do not see how someone could spill a drink on a keyboard. I have never and never will I do not put drinks on my desk anywhere near my computer. It seems I take better care on my stuff.

K007 05-24-09 08:30 AM

ive accidently hit the cup/glass once awhile but not on the g15 -.- ive had those 'oh ****'...moments but haven't had it fall yet..this morning i had my coffee cup almost go 'oh ****'