nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Benchmarking And Overclocking (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   first gunmetal benchmark (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=13343)

heedory 06-13-03 06:38 PM

first gunmetal benchmark
 
Validity
Results valid? Yes
Statistics
Minimum frames per second 11.92 fps
Average frames per second 20.51 fps
Maximum frames per second 45.91 fps
Benchmark duration 182.78 seconds
Total frames rendered 3748
Computer information
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
Processor speed 3171 Mhz
Operating System Windows XP Service Pack 1
Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600
Game settings
Screen resolution 1024 X 768
Screen colors True (32-bit)
Aspect ratio Normal
Antialiasing 1
Terrain detail High
Draw distance High
Cloud shadows On
Lens flare On
Sun Glare On

4600@315/690, det43.51
crappy score..:D

deckard 06-13-03 11:42 PM

Please post any known mirrors for the benchmark, author site is tanked.

heedory 06-14-03 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by deckard
Please post any known mirrors for the benchmark, author site is tanked.
guru3d offers mirroring

Cotita 06-14-03 02:12 AM

Is this benchmark really fair?

Isn't gun metal written in CG and has optimizations for NV2x/NV3x?

I assume that the benchmark uses a non-optimized path for a fair comparison with the radeon cards, but then it doesn't show how the game really performs because it uses a standard path instead of an optimized one.

guess you can't make everyone happy.

Grechie 06-14-03 04:23 AM

gunmetal is a direct x 9 game, ud probly need a FX 5600 and above to run it good :)

phye2002 06-14-03 04:39 AM

I't barely dx9.
 
The default PS is 1.1 (hardly dx9 material), it's written in CG, and any CG capable hardware uses that as the rendering path. Any other card uses the none optimized path. Just so you know, Nvidia's official statement is that this game is what they accept as a gaming benchmark, as well as a dx9 benchmark. Curious that this game has less dx9 features in it than 3dmark03. If this were a complete dx9 game/benchmark, a Gforce Ti 4600 wouldn't be able to run it. Seems to me that since it is capable of running it, that this is (by Nvidia's own definition) not a true dx9 benchmark.
Feel free to argue this point with me, I'll just quote Nvidia's own press releases to back me up.

heedory 06-14-03 08:55 AM

Re: I't barely dx9.
 
Quote:

Originally posted by phye2002
The default PS is 1.1 (hardly dx9 material), it's written in CG, and any CG capable hardware uses that as the rendering path. Any other card uses the none optimized path. Just so you know, Nvidia's official statement is that this game is what they accept as a gaming benchmark, as well as a dx9 benchmark. Curious that this game has less dx9 features in it than 3dmark03. If this were a complete dx9 game/benchmark, a Gforce Ti 4600 wouldn't be able to run it. Seems to me that since it is capable of running it, that this is (by Nvidia's own definition) not a true dx9 benchmark.
Feel free to argue this point with me, I'll just quote Nvidia's own press releases to back me up.

dx8, dx9,cg?? I don't care..
i much more enjoyed gunmetal than 3dmark
and gunmetal benchmark number gives direct gaming
performance data.
that's all

ps.
It think that games only run on fx and radeon 95xx or above
will not be released in 7years.

Sazar 06-14-03 09:31 AM

Re: Re: I't barely dx9.
 
Quote:

Originally posted by heedory
dx8, dx9,cg?? I don't care..
i much more enjoyed gunmetal than 3dmark
and gunmetal benchmark number gives direct gaming
performance data.
that's all

ps.
It think that games only run on fx and radeon 95xx or above
will not be released in 7years.

7 yrs eh?

:)

I'd love to see that...

heedory 06-14-03 09:55 AM

Re: Re: Re: I't barely dx9.
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Sazar
7 yrs eh?

:)

I'd love to see that...

GF256 was released in 1998. (maybe wrong)

as far as I know, there is no game that doesn't run on GF256

and D3 and unreal will be most popular game engine.

I dont wanna argue with it. just my humble opinion..

I'm not guru of 3d ... :)

point is dx8 hardware will longlive

Sazar 06-14-03 11:46 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: I't barely dx9.
 
Quote:

Originally posted by heedory
GF256 was released in 1998. (maybe wrong)

as far as I know, there is no game that doesn't run on GF256

and D3 and unreal will be most popular game engine.

I dont wanna argue with it. just my humble opinion..

I'm not only guru of 3d but also fortuneteller.. :)

point is dx8 hardware will longlive

dx9 hardware supports dx8 pixel shaders and what not... as will dx10 and so on so forth.. so in a way no.. dx8 hardware will not fail to support stuff all of a sudden :)

Sazar 06-14-03 12:02 PM

benchmark 1
 
my results...

Benchmark 1
Validity
Results valid? Yes
Statistics
Minimum frames per second 12.42 fps
Average frames per second 19.85 fps
Maximum frames per second 46.56 fps
Benchmark duration 188.83 seconds
Total frames rendered 3748
Computer information
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1900+
Processor speed 1600 Mhz
Operating System Windows XP Service Pack 1
Graphics card ALL-IN-WONDER 9700 SERIES
Game settings
Screen resolution 1024 X 768
Screen colors True (32-bit)
Aspect ratio Normal
Antialiasing 2x
Terrain detail High
Draw distance High
Cloud shadows On
Lens flare On
Sun Glare On

Sazar 06-14-03 12:03 PM

benchmark2
 
Benchmark 2
Validity
Results valid? Yes
Statistics
Minimum frames per second 10.67 fps
Average frames per second 24.94 fps
Maximum frames per second 50.44 fps
Benchmark duration 198.72 seconds
Total frames rendered 4957
Computer information
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1900+
Processor speed 1600 Mhz
Operating System Windows XP Service Pack 1
Graphics card ALL-IN-WONDER 9700 SERIES
Game settings
Screen resolution 1024 X 768
Screen colors True (32-bit)
Aspect ratio Normal
Antialiasing 2x
Terrain detail High
Draw distance High
Cloud shadows On
Lens flare On
Sun Glare On

edit note aliasing @ x2 which is default apparently for my card...

cat 3.4's in use... vid card @ stock 325/310 mhz operating speeds... default balanced settings in control panel...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.