- NVIDIA Linux
185.18.14 Linux x86/x86-64 released
Release highlights since 185.19:
- Fixed a Xinerama drawable resource management problem that can cause GLXBadDrawable errors in certain cases, such as when Wine applications are run.
- Fixed XineramaQueryScreens to return 0 screens instead of 1 screen with the geometry of screen 0 when XineramaIsActive returns false. This conforms to the Xinerama manual page and fixes an interaction problem with Compiz when there is more than one X screen.
- Moved kernel module loading earlier in the X driver's initialization, to facilitate more graceful fallbacks if the kernel module cannot be loaded. Removed the LoadKernelModule X configuration option.
- Added support for new horizontal interlaced and checkerboard passive stereo modes.
- Fixed an OpenGL driver crash while running Bibble 5.
- Fixed a DisplayPort interaction problem with power management suspend/resume events.
- Fixed occasional X driver memory management performance problems when a composite manager is running.
- Fixed a bug with VT-switching or mode-switching while using Compiz; the bug could lead to a corrupted desktop (e.g., a white screen) or in the worst case an X server crash.
- Fixed a bug that could cause GPU errors in some cases while driving Quadro SDI products.
- Fixed a several second hang when VT-switching while OpenGL stereo applications were running on pre-G80 Quadro GPUs.
- Added support for multiple swap group members on G80 and later Quadro GPUs.
- Fixed the behavior of the NV_CTRL_FRAMELOCK_SYNC_DELAY NV-CONTROL attribute on Quadro G-Sync II.
- Fixed a problem with Quadro SDI where transitioning from "clone mode" to "OpenGL mode" would fail.
- Fixed VDPAU to eliminate some cases of corruption when decoding H.264 video containing field-coded reference frames on G84, G86, G92, G94, G96, or GT200 GPUs. Such streams are commonly found in DVB broadcasts.
- Slightly improved the performance of the VDPAU noise reduction algorithm.
- Enhanced VDPAU to validate whether overlay usage is supported by the current hardware configuration, and to automatically fall back to the blit-based presentation queue if required.
- Fixed error checking in VdpVideoMixerRender, to reject calls that specify more layers than the VdpMixer was created with.
- Modified VDPAU's VDPAU_DEBUG code to emit a complete backtrace on all platforms, not just on 32-bit Linux.
- Improved interaction between VDPAU and PowerMizer; appropriate performance levels should now be chosen for video playback of all standard resolutions on all supported GPUs.
- Fixed a bug in VDPAU that sometimes caused "display preemption" when the VdpDecoderCreate function failed.
- Fixed a potential segfault in the VDPAU trace library, triggered by a multi-threaded application creating a new VdpDevice in one thread, at the same time that another thread detected "display preemption".
- Improved compatibility with recent Linux kernels.
NVIDIA Accelerated Linux Graphics Driver Set for Linux/x86
is available for download via FTP
NVIDIA Accelerated Linux Graphics Driver Set for Linux/x86-64
is available for download via FTP
Please see the README
) for more information about this release.
This NVIDIA Linux graphics driver release supports GeForce 6xxx and newer NVIDIA GPUs
, GeForce4 and older GPUs are supported through the 96.43.xx
NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers. GeForce FX GPUs are supported through the 173.14.xx
NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers.
Please also note:
If you encounter any problems with the 185.18.14
NVIDIA Linux graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and generate/attach an nvidia-bug-report.log
file (please see http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46678
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.