nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Microsoft Windows XP And Vista (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   XP x64 Aero Theme (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=134026)

seeker 06-04-09 04:00 AM

XP x64 Aero Theme
 
I want the transparent slate look of Vista, W7, etc., and I do have the UX Theme Multi-Patcher installed already, but from what I have Googled, it sounds as though some of those themes will mess up the OS, and it is not worth that problem. Can someone point me to a theme that won't do any harm?

supra 06-04-09 04:31 AM

Re: XP x64 Aero Theme
 
upgrade to vista /w7 :D

seeker 06-04-09 06:44 AM

Re: XP x64 Aero Theme
 
Had you noted my signature, you would know that I already have WS2K8 & W7. I would not consider Vista an upgrade, even if I only had XP x64. Therefore, I shall wait and hope that someone else has better advise.

hokeyplyr48 06-04-09 11:09 AM

Re: XP x64 Aero Theme
 
windowblinds?

and you should be a little nicer. tbh he was giving you the best solution, any of these "upgrades" will severely hurt the performance of your computer and cause a lot more problems in the long run.

ViN86 06-04-09 11:26 AM

Re: XP x64 Aero Theme
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hokeyplyr48 (Post 2022965)
windowblinds?

and you should be a little nicer. tbh he was giving you the best solution, any of these "upgrades" will severely hurt the performance of your computer and cause a lot more problems in the long run.

+1

I agree with supra as well. There's no real good way of doing what you want to do without upgrading.

nekrosoft13 06-04-09 03:48 PM

Re: XP x64 Aero Theme
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeker (Post 2022863)
Had you noted my signature, you would know that I already have WS2K8 & W7. I would not consider Vista an upgrade, even if I only had XP x64. Therefore, I shall wait and hope that someone else has better advise.

congrats you got vista, ws2k8 is build on top of vista sp1

supra 06-04-09 10:34 PM

Re: XP x64 Aero Theme
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeker (Post 2022863)
Had you noted my signature, you would know that I already have WS2K8 & W7. I would not consider Vista an upgrade, even if I only had XP x64. Therefore, I shall wait and hope that someone else has better advise.

was a sarcasm reply..

u could try this http://www.downloadsquad.com/2008/12...to-windows-xp/

seeker 06-04-09 11:53 PM

Re: XP x64 Aero Theme
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by supra (Post 2023408)
was a sarcasm reply..

u could try this http://www.downloadsquad.com/2008/12...to-windows-xp/

Although the transparency is good, from what I read, it sounds as though that applies to apps, more than to Windows itself. Actually, what I want is a black (slate) semi-transparent taskbar...or better yet, a totally transparent taskbar that displays the icons without transparency.

hokeyplyr48,

Window Blinds was among those that I read that caused problems for some people. I'm not sure exactly what the nature of those problems were though.

seeker 06-04-09 11:59 PM

Re: XP x64 Aero Theme
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 (Post 2023220)
congrats you got vista, ws2k8 is build on top of vista sp1

Perhaps, but since I have the WS2K8 SP2 beta installed, I would imagine that it is equilavent to Vista SP2. That is probably why I'm not really too impressed with it, because it is somewhat sluggish. That is why I'm maintaining XP x64.

seeker 06-05-09 12:06 AM

Re: XP x64 Aero Theme
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ViN86 (Post 2022982)
+1

I agree with supra as well. There's no real good way of doing what you want to do without upgrading.

You may well be correct...that is why I asked this question, but I read one article that implied that if a theme with a .msstyle extension was used, that it would work without any problems. It also mentioned making one's own theme, but I didn't understand that at all.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.