nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   General Linux (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   A7N8X and latest audio drivers 1.0-0261 (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=13427)

dom521 06-15-03 01:52 PM

A7N8X and latest audio drivers 1.0-0261

It seems like I'm getting the same problems with the latest drivers as I have gotten with the previous. I run KDE and GNOME, and when trying to play a song with xmms - I do it sucessfully at first. But, once I try playing ET (Enemy Territory), the audio drivers seems to be in use right after. Strangest part would be seeing no sight of it being used in the processes (ps ax). It does not happen only with XMMS though, XMMS seems to dedicate the drivers to itself as well, sound plays in it just fine, but no other application seems to give any sound (even when XMMS is closed). I'm just wondering if anyone else has issues similar to these. It gets annoying when the only solution is rebooting the machine, how many times a day can a person reboot their machine? :)

specs:

A7N8X with XP 2000+
768MB of ram
90gb of space
AIW Radeon (7200)

dom521 06-15-03 01:53 PM

BTW, its the A7N8X Deluxe I'm talking about.

CaptNKILL 06-15-03 02:10 PM

Re: A7N8X and latest audio drivers 1.0-0261

Quote:

Originally posted by dom521
It seems like I'm getting the same problems with the latest drivers as I have gotten with the previous. I run KDE and GNOME, and when trying to play a song with xmms - I do it sucessfully at first. But, once I try playing ET (Enemy Territory), the audio drivers seems to be in use right after. Strangest part would be seeing no sight of it being used in the processes (ps ax). It does not happen only with XMMS though, XMMS seems to dedicate the drivers to itself as well, sound plays in it just fine, but no other application seems to give any sound (even when XMMS is closed). I'm just wondering if anyone else has issues similar to these. It gets annoying when the only solution is rebooting the machine, how many times a day can a person reboot their machine? :)

What is KDE, GNOME and XMMS?

The Baron 06-15-03 02:13 PM

Linux. So it's moved.

Sorry, we're all a bunch of Windows doofuses here--if I can find a Slack 9.1 ISO, I'll install it on my new board this week.

dom521 06-15-03 02:14 PM

my bad, thought clicking on the linux discussion board would get me to the right place :/

Kiamu 06-15-03 03:32 PM

have you sorted out the acpi / apic problems? ( the pci=noacpi etc. stuff )
this solved almost all of my problems related to sound

dom521 06-18-03 08:13 PM

Hmmm, no I didn't actually. Can you point me to a place or explain it a little more?

Thanks

dom521 06-18-03 08:31 PM

Sorry about the delay, hard to keep up with these forums.

dom521 06-19-03 05:17 PM

BTW, any idea how many PCM channels this onboard soundcard offers? SoundStorm. If it offer's more than one, i should be seeing multiple dsp's, unless the driver isn't there yet.