nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Pretty slick stand for your racing wheel in the living room. (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=134551)

Pixelsmack 06-16-09 02:50 PM

Pretty slick stand for your racing wheel in the living room.
 
I fired off a review of the Xlerator stand. I have to say it works really, really well.

nVnews, please free to hotlink it on your main page if deemed worthy. :D

Racing Wheel Stand Review

http://www.pixelsmack.com/bsr/stand/10.jpg

Sazar 06-16-09 04:01 PM

Re: Pretty slick stand for your racing wheel in the living room.
 
I've been thinking about getting one of those.

I currently have a lap-support thinger from Logitech for my wheel but it feels really un-natural, especially when shifting manually and using the pedals :(

Shamrock 06-16-09 09:39 PM

Re: Pretty slick stand for your racing wheel in the living room.
 
anyone ever heard of racing while standing up? get a seat mang!

methimpikehoses 06-16-09 09:47 PM

Re: Pretty slick stand for your racing wheel in the living room.
 
:headexplode:

CaptNKILL 06-16-09 11:13 PM

Re: Pretty slick stand for your racing wheel in the living room.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shamrock (Post 2030686)
anyone ever heard of racing while standing up? get a seat mang!

:headexplode:

Did you not notice the thing has feet that are up in the air? :lol:

Shamrock 06-16-09 11:32 PM

Re: Pretty slick stand for your racing wheel in the living room.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptNKILL (Post 2030720)
:headexplode:

Did you not notice the thing has feet that are up in the air? :lol:

Oh, those are feet? I thought it was handicap hand holds or something, I guess I can see it now, it's up on 2 feet. I thought it was a Segway sim or something. :o

CaptNKILL 06-17-09 12:09 AM

Re: Pretty slick stand for your racing wheel in the living room.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shamrock (Post 2030724)
Oh, those are feet? I thought it was handicap hand holds or something, I guess I can see it now, it's up on 2 feet. I thought it was a Segway sim or something. :o

:lol:

Yeah, it folds up for easier storage. Pretty cool IMO. :)

DennisK4 06-17-09 01:45 AM

Re: Pretty slick stand for your racing wheel in the living room.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixelsmack (Post 2030411)
I fired off a review of the Xlerator stand. I have to say it works really, really well.

nVnews, please free to hotlink it on your main page if deemed worthy. :D

Racing Wheel Stand Review

http://www.pixelsmack.com/bsr/stand/10.jpg

Bwah ha ha !!
Not an official promo shot I take it :p

Blade 06-17-09 02:21 AM

Re: Pretty slick stand for your racing wheel in the living room.
 
Pos looks like racin kit for the physically challenged, ffs, anyone who can't setup on a desk should'nt be racin anyway, rant over.

Thank you.

Mr. Hunt 06-17-09 02:49 AM

Re: Pretty slick stand for your racing wheel in the living room.
 
I think 99% of you people in this thread don't understand how this thing works.

It isn't for me personally because I don't play very many racing games, so it would be a waste. But seems like a good idea for those that love them.

DennisK4 06-17-09 02:55 AM

Re: Pretty slick stand for your racing wheel in the living room.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt (Post 2030797)
I think 99% of you people in this thread don't understand how this thing works.

It isn't for me personally because I don't play very many racing games, so it would be a waste. But seems like a good idea for those that love them.

Yeah, we are just having fun, my personal setup is none to elegant either.

Imbroglio 06-17-09 05:53 AM

Re: Pretty slick stand for your racing wheel in the living room.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shamrock (Post 2030724)
Oh, those are feet? I thought it was handicap hand holds or something, I guess I can see it now, it's up on 2 feet. I thought it was a Segway sim or something. :o

those extra feet up in the air are so that it doesn't scratch/cut your sofa. i think hunt is right, 99% of the people in this thread don't understand it. if you click the link you'll notice those feet straddle your thighs while sitting on the couch. it seems like a really cool idea.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.