nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   PC vs console threads = two-week vacation? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=134766)

saturnotaku 06-21-09 07:41 AM

PC vs console threads = two-week vacation?

Let's put it to a vote. I, for one, am sick and bloody tired of all the threads proclaiming, "PC is better!" "This is the year of the PC!" "PC rulez, console iz ballz!"

Any such threads that are started should be immediately closed and the starter given a two-week ban. Who's with me?

Lfctony 06-21-09 08:03 AM

Re: PC vs console threads = two-week vacation?

Aye...

nutcrackr 06-21-09 09:08 AM

I'd like to go to Europe on my vacation, nvnews sponsored thx.

SH64 06-21-09 09:35 AM

I disagree. let the people say what they want as long as it doesnt get nasty or end up with flaming. these kind of discussions -although sometimes boring and so repetitive- are one of the topics in this forum whether we like it or not. (thats besides the activity they generate when the forum is dead :bleh:)

methimpikehoses 06-21-09 09:56 AM

We should celebrate the PC more, IMO.

|MaguS| 06-21-09 10:18 AM

It is getting very annoying, I understand that they want to put their word in but every week were getting a new ****ing thread about it...

PC's aren't going anywhere and consoles aren't going anywhere. If you don't like the specific platform leave it alone. You don't see me starting Wii hate threads now do you?

rudedog 06-21-09 11:22 AM

How about we post pro PC gaming threads in the PC section and Pro console threads in the console section.

If you don't like one or the other then stay out of that section.......

delas52 06-21-09 11:25 AM

would be ridiculous, if it really upsets you that much it really is quite easy to simply avoid such threads

|MaguS| 06-21-09 11:29 AM

There are no pro console threads... no console owner goes around touting its superiority or claiming to be killing the PC Platform. Yes theres alot of bickering between console owners but none usually involve the PC. It's usually PC Elitiest that create those stupid console vs PC threads...

The console section is usually really good about keeping talks about platforms in their respective thread. Ones that usually degrade to PC vs console usually are started by PC Elitiest posting in the console section (go back and look at MGS4 threads).

If you want to see a good comparison... look up posts by mailman and MaxFX...

johnkeel105 06-21-09 12:16 PM

PC vs console is the oldest argument out there. PC will always be technically superior after a short period of time. Console vs PC is just a preference of how the game is played. Some games play better on console, some on PC. I don't think I would ever want to play Tekken on PC lol. But if I had to play FPS games on console all the time, I would probably strangle myself with a controller cord. So no I don't think threads should be shut down. Tiresome arguements still make me laugh. :headexplode:

MaxFX 06-21-09 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delas52 (Post 2033527)
would be ridiculous, if it really upsets you that much it really is quite easy to simply avoid such threads

Yeah so WTF are this dudes so frikking upset, if they dont like it then STFUK and dont read the thread easy as that :rolleyes2

RoachMojo 06-21-09 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rudedog (Post 2033525)
How about we post pro PC gaming threads in the PC section and Pro console threads in the console section.

If you don't like one or the other then stay out of that section.......

This.

**** no, as this is a PC GAME FORUM, and a website dedicated to NVIDIA chipsets, which helped propel PC Gaming to the top.

I ****ing hate consoles and people who come in here defending them. Go hang out in the console forum, ok?

I do not want to "just get along". Go **** yourself.