nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Capcom Reviving 'Onimusha' Series (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=135140)

SH64 06-30-09 06:20 PM

Capcom Reviving 'Onimusha' Series

Knowing Capcom, this might makes its way to PC too! :D
Quote:

Capcom's hack-and-slash (and sometimes a little RPG) series Onimusha has not been heard of since 2006's Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams, but if clues on the new teaser site are any indication, the franchise might be making a comeback. At the end of last week, a teaser site only featured the number "1560," which refers to the setting of the first title, and subsequently other numbers have appeared, 1573 and 1582, which are the dates for the second and third installment, respectively. While there is no official announcement yet, it seems clear that Capcom is prepping a new title in the series.
http://www.capcom.co.jp/1582/
http://www.worthplaying.com/print.php?sid=63851

Mr. Hunt 06-30-09 07:21 PM

Re: Capcom Reviving 'Onimusha' Series

Nice. I really enjoyed the first 2, and the third was pretty good, but mostly because of Jean Reno ;).

Hopefully this one is awesome.

NarcissistZero 06-30-09 07:48 PM

I like how "not heard of since 2006" is supposed to sound like a long time. It's really not.

Fallout 3 was a ressurrection, this is not.

Anyway, I only played the first game... it was ok.

NaitoSan 06-30-09 09:43 PM

I forgot I have Onimusha series for PS2... maybe I should start playing them.

pakotlar 07-05-09 07:28 PM

this is great news.

AdamK47 07-05-09 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NarcissistZero (Post 2039400)
I like how "not heard of since 2006" is supposed to sound like a long time. It's really not.

Fallout 3 was a ressurrection, this is not.

Anyway, I only played the first game... it was ok.

3 years is an eternity for a Japanese title. The Japanese have franchise milking down to a science.

NarcissistZero 07-06-09 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamK47 (Post 2041906)
3 years is an eternity for a Japanese title. The Japanese have franchise milking down to a science.

I remember there was a big deal when Final Fantasy took 4 or 5 years for a new installment too.

Still, I think everyone is milking everything now-a-days, sadly.

pakotlar 07-07-09 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NarcissistZero (Post 2042024)
I remember there was a big deal when Final Fantasy took 4 or 5 years for a new installment too.

Still, I think everyone is milking everything now-a-days, sadly.

uh if ur expecting dev times to be getting shorter think again. and i don't know what you 2 are talking about with the japanese shotguning milk at our heads. that's a worldwide phenomenon, and their world-wide release products (not talking about Super-Hot-Fun-Wacky-Rorathon-Sing-Tonight-Now-For-Best-Times! and sequels) are historically of dispraportionately AAA quality. That's if you discount SEGA's releases since 2001. RE5 took like what, 4 years of development? Next sequel we may see in 8 years? How long was DMC4 in development taking into account Framework 1.0 dev. time. They're not milking anything. Everything the Japanese touch turns to gold.

and how old are you that you say, "now-adays". heck what, you mean you've uncovered a long-term trend from a 3 year archive record examination? they need you on 20-20 stat.

NarcissistZero 07-07-09 06:16 AM

Japanese development has been in a terrible rut for like 6 years, FYI.

ralinn 07-07-09 06:45 PM

rut?

NarcissistZero 07-07-09 11:06 PM

Western style games are definately in the lead now, as far as sales and review scores... western developers are pretty much leading the pack in innovation... the western console sees the best software sales.

There have been endless gaming journalism stories about it for years now. There have been endless Japanese developers admitting it for years now.

It's pretty obvious.

|MaguS| 07-07-09 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NarcissistZero (Post 2043132)
Western style games are definately in the lead now, as far as sales and review scores... western developers are pretty much leading the pack in innovation... the western console sees the best software sales.

There have been endless gaming journalism stories about it for years now. There have been endless Japanese developers admitting it for years now.

It's pretty obvious.

I will say, I look at giz's deals for the day and they always have X360 games on sale and only ****ty old PS3 games on sale.