nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Stalker tips (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=135223)

Tuork 07-02-09 07:38 PM

Stalker tips

So, I'm going back to STALKER (never finished it when I played it on my previous lappy).

I know some people here are hardcore STALKER fans, so I was wondering if you could give me advice on how to properly configure it given my specs (see sig).

Many thanks :)

Soetdjuret 07-02-09 09:29 PM

Re: Stalker tips

haha, ask J.o.n.e.l.o: stalker and texture nerd ;) He knows everything bout stalker ^^

jkmetal 07-02-09 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuork (Post 2040427)
So, I'm going back to STALKER (never finished it when I played it on my previous lappy).

I know some people here are hardcore STALKER fans, so I was wondering if you could give me advice on how to properly configure it given my specs (see sig).

Many thanks :)

Hey

I have an semi crappy rig as well. x2 4600 and 8800GTS 640.

What i do is use the middle setting for the new stalker, and full lighting for the old.

Grass is at medium on both.

Even at the objects dynamic lighting the game looks great on high textures.

Jonelo 07-02-09 11:20 PM

Maybe there is not way for run with dinamic lighting , very dificult , in your laptop

Maybe with textures and shadows in medium, view distance and lighting distance to 25 % . The best solution is run in static lighting , in DX8

Tuork 07-03-09 12:01 AM

Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to ask J.o.n.e.l.o and see what he says.

Ancient76 07-03-09 06:55 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Play it on static lighting, but with some mods. This is with Complete 2009 and Sharper textures.

SH64 07-03-09 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuork (Post 2040522)
Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to ask J.o.n.e.l.o and see what he says.

:rofl

check the post above yours.

Tuork 07-03-09 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ancient76 (Post 2040597)
Play it on static lighting, but with some mods. This is with Complete 2009 and Sharper textures.

Where can a mere mortal like myself get said mods and instructions on how to install them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SH64 (Post 2040601)
:rofl

check the post above yours.

Whoops!
I must've had the screen open for a good 20 minutes before I sent the quick reply. My apologies Jonelo!

Ancient76 07-04-09 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuork (Post 2040728)
Where can a mere mortal like myself get said mods and instructions on how to install them?

Whoops!
I must've had the screen open for a good 20 minutes before I sent the quick reply. My apologies Jonelo!

Try google for mods :)

Install Patch 1.0005. In Stalker main directory edit "fsgame.ltx" in notepad. Edit the second line so that the "false" reads "true." Save and close.

Download the mod and unpack it into Stalker main directory. You must insert gamedata folder, because Stalker reads mods only out of that folder. Put Complete 2009, and then owervrite with Sharper textures.