nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Mass Effect 2 Dev Diary (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=135621)

CaptNKILL 07-11-09 04:09 AM

Mass Effect 2 Dev Diary

There are some spoilers, but they aren't going to ruin the game...

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...fect/52551?r=1

This game is going to be freaking amazing.

They've made the space travel system much more in depth. You burn fuel to travel to planets and you have to survey and analyze planets before finding a place to land and explore. They're also a lot more interesting apparently.

The combat looks much better.

And as always with Bioware games, there is real variation to the endings and the plot depending on how you play.

This is easily my most anticipated upcoming game. :)

NarcissistZero 07-11-09 05:17 AM

Re: Mass Effect 2 Dev Diary

Not sure if it is my most anticipated, but it's right up there at the top for sure. Looks to be an amazing experince... the original is one of my top ten games of all time.

I liked how space exploration and side quests worked in the original, it was only location variety they needed really... every planet is barren, really. Even the story planets are often boring to look at and lack good NPCs.

Other than that, great stuff.

Gaco 07-11-09 07:33 AM

Damnit I couldn't help it but to watch it, even though I didn't want to know any spoilers, no matter how insignificant. They revealed much more than I'd like to have known, I would just be content with part 2 about combat and part 3 about exploration and skipped part 1 about the characters and content and part 4 about the story. They could just have given us part 2 and 3 and said "we also have some really cool stuff coming up in terms of choices and the story which you want to experience all first hand" or something.

Oh well as CapnKill said it's not ruining the game, but I really could've done without much of the story-specific info :(

On another note combat looks AWESOME and so does heavy weapons :captnkill:

|MaguS| 07-11-09 07:47 AM

I like how they finally actually got the interrupt system they talked about before the original released!

Retrolock 07-11-09 09:17 AM

Saving will be an ass for this game. I don't want to make the wrong decisions.

Gaco 07-11-09 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retrolock (Post 2045297)
Saving will be an ass for this game. I don't want to make the wrong decisions.

I've come to find that it's more fun to play RPG's realistically and stick by your first choice. You can make a few exceptions, for example if you misunderstood the nature of a response, or if your choice had some big consequence you can't live with, but I think it's generally more fun the other way. Plus it adds a lot to replayability :)

Retrolock 07-11-09 10:48 AM

Its fun coz RPG's always are, the good ones I mean...But man, if you've watched the vid, you might not be able to play as Sheperd in ME3.. I've kinda identified with Sheperd and it'll suck if I can't play him on the 3rd installment. :( Kinda nerdy but its true..

Ninjaman09 07-11-09 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retrolock (Post 2045331)
Its fun coz RPG's always are, the good ones I mean...But man, if you've watched the vid, you might not be able to play as Sheperd in ME3.. I've kinda identified with Sheperd and it'll suck if I can't play him on the 3rd installment. :( Kinda nerdy but its true..

Don't kill him then! :p

Yeah I was kind of annoyed they spoiled one of the possible endings, but it is also possible that it'll be kind of obvious what's going to happen as you progress through the game. This is my most anticipated game this year fo sho.

Gaco 07-12-09 08:34 AM

Bah having more time to digest this I'm actually pissed off at the devs for putting both minor and major spoilers into this trailer. I don't think CapnKill's opening comment "There are some spoilers, but they aren't going to ruin the game..." is very accurate. I thought it was pretty bad actually. Don't watch this trailers if you haven't already, it's simply too spoiling.

Oh snap I bumped the topic, hope this post didn't have the opposite effect :p

Retrolock 07-12-09 10:25 AM

If you watch the dev's diary you could die! Rex will come out of the screen and diddle your merwang!

That'll scare them.

H3avyM3tal 07-12-09 02:24 PM

Hey, they could always bring Shepard back in ME3 :)