- NVIDIA Solaris
185.18.31 for Solaris x86/x86-64 released
Release highlights since 185.18.29:
- Fixed a crash on certain mobile GPUs.
- Fixed a bug that could cause occasional memory corruption problems or segmentation faults when running OpenGL applications on Quadro GPUs.
- Fixed a deadlock in the OpenGL library that could be triggered in certain rare circumstances on Quadro GPUs.
- Fixed the order of outputs in the GPUScaling nvidia-settings property.
- Fixed a bug that caused graphics corruption in some OpenGL applications when the Unified Back Buffer is enabled the application window is moved.
- Fixed a bug that caused glXGetVideoSyncSGI, glXWaitVideoSyncSGI, and glXGetRefreshRateSGI to operate on the wrong screen when there are multiple X screens.
- Fixed a bug that causes corruption or GPU errors when an application paints a redirected window whose background is set to ParentRelative on X.Org servers older than 1.5. This was typically triggered by running Kopete while using Compiz or Beryl.
- Fixed a bug in VDPAU that could cause visible corruption when decoding H.264 clips with alternating frame/field coded reference pictures, and a video surface is concurrently removed from the DPB, and re-used as the decode target, in a single decode operation. This affected all GPUs supported by VDPAU.
- Fixed a bug in VDPAU that could cause visible corruption near the bottom edge of the picture when decoding VC-1 advanced profile clips whose heights are not exact multiples of 16 pixels, on G98 and MCP7x (IGP) GPUs.
- Enhanced VDPAU to better handle corrupt/invalid H.264 bitstreams on G84, G86, G92, G94, G96, or GT200 GPUs. This should prevent most cases of "display preemption" that are caused by bitstream errors.
- Fixed an X server crash when using the VDPAU overlay-based presentation queue and VT-switching away from the X server.
- Enhanced VDPAU's detection of the GPU's video decode capabilities.
- Fixed a bug in VDPAU that could cause ghosting/flashing issues when decoding H.264 clips, in certain full DPB scenarios, on G98 and MCP7x.
- Fixed VDPAU to detect an attempt to destroy the VdpDevice object when other device-owned objects still exist. VDPAU now triggers "display preemption", and returns an error, when this occurs.
- Enhanced VDPAU's error handling and resource management in presentation queue creation and operation. This change correctly propagates all errors back to the client application, and avoids some resource leaks.
NVIDIA Accelerated Solaris Quadro Graphics Driver Set for Solaris x64/x86
is available for download via HTTP
Please see the README
for more information about this release.
This NVIDIA Solaris graphics driver release supports NVIDIA Quadro products based on the NV4x and newer
series of GPU cores. Older Quadro FX and Quadro NVS products are supported by the 173.14.xx
driver series, and Quadro4 and older Quadro GPUs are supported through the 96.43.xx
NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers. Please see Appendix A of the README for a list of which GPUs are supported.
Please also note:
If you encounter any problems with the 185.18.31
NVIDIA Solaris graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and generate/attach an nvidia-*-bug-report.log
Re: 185.18.29 for Solaris x86/x86-64 released
Updated to 185.18.31.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.