nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Home Theater A/V (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Dishnetwork DVR Reciever Overheats? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=137051)

Albo 08-07-09 10:07 AM

Dishnetwork DVR Reciever Overheats?

I have dishnetwork, and I signed up for a 2 year deal, and ordered the ViP 722 DVR Reciever. It has been working great for the past 9 months I think (6 - 12 months) but recently somethings just arent working properly. When I have recorded something, and I decide to watch it, I hit play, then 5 minutes into it or whenever it feels like, Something goes wrong.

Sometimes the movie or Tv show just pauses, for 5 seconds, then continues 5 seconds into it (i miss 5 seconds of it), then I hit the skip back button (goes back 10 secs) and once I press that the whole video freezes for 15 seconds, and sometimes the video continues playing while the skip back icon is on the screen. And also sometimes, the Video goes out of sync with the sound. I puase it, and play it, and it goes back to normal

I read online that some people had errors about DVRs that over heat, so I took the plug off and let it sit for the night. The next morning (today) I plugged it in, and selected the same video to watch, and for the first 45 minutes it was working flawlessly. Then again the errors came up. And I went to the reciever and felt it, and it was burning hot again in less than an hour!

Does anyone have this reciever or used it before? Or maybe you have a dish reciever with these problems? If so, then please write some advice? What should I do?

Thanks

Albo 08-07-09 02:29 PM

Re: Dishnetwork DVR Reciever Overheats?

HELLO!?

Basically I cant watch any of my recordings, so the only option is live TV! UGH
Should I call dish and ask them about it?

tornadog 08-17-09 09:51 AM

call them up. My receiver gets hot too, but usually turn it off after watching, do u leae it on all the time?

LORD-eX-Bu 08-17-09 07:19 PM

HELLO?!?!!

Starscream 08-17-09 11:08 PM

Hello?

Call Dish Network, tell them what is happening. IF they are ok with it blow the dust out of any openings you can with compressed air. If they say don't do that, don't do it. If at all possible get them to replace it for free, do not open it.

Albo 08-18-09 08:22 PM

I did the live chat. And I told them about the error that I was having, and I received the receiver, and shipped back the old one. It works now

Albo 08-18-09 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LORD-eX-Bu (Post 2069215)
HELLO?!?!!

Yesh?

Dr.Nick 08-19-09 01:41 PM

Make sure you're not running it in a cabinet or something or it will die on you again after a few months. The dish receivers don't get as hot as the moto's cable companies use but they still run 24/7 and get hot enough to kill themselves in a cabinet.

PS. I kinda miss Dish but their stupid 4 tuner limit per account needs to be addressed asap. It's been 15 years already...

Albo 08-19-09 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Nick (Post 2070146)
PS. I kinda miss Dish but their stupid 4 tuner limit per account needs to be addressed asap. It's been 15 years already...

Yea, Dish has its ups and downs. I hate satellite, but I love the free previews, like I was able to watch the Mexico USA game on the 12th because Dish opened up the channel for that day for all of its subscribers.

Dr.Nick 08-22-09 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albokid2468 (Post 2070401)
Yea, Dish has its ups and downs. I hate satellite, but I love the free previews, like I was able to watch the Mexico USA game on the 12th because Dish opened up the channel for that day for all of its subscribers.

Their content was the main reason I was with them for almost 15 years. Great prices, the most HD stations, tons of free extras, and the best dvr's in the business make for a good package! Going to a Cable dvr after Dish is like going back in time 15 years lol. I had to break down and purchase my own in the end anyway:(