nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Batman: Arkham Asylum Demo Feedback Thread (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=137054)

jAkUp 08-07-09 12:18 PM

Batman: Arkham Asylum Demo Feedback Thread

http://www.fileplanet.com/198913/190...o?_cmpid=fp191

Yes there is another thread, but lets be organized people (nana2)

Logical 08-07-09 12:27 PM

Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum Demo Feedback Thread

Downloading now :)

fizzelopeguss 08-07-09 12:39 PM

Smooth as a baby's ass, 4xaa, native res, 16af, ambient occlusion. i don't use physx though.

Great game too, quite shocked.

DeusGear 08-07-09 04:22 PM

Awesome game, too bad it runs like utter ****e for me if I turn on physics even to normal.

JohnDio 08-07-09 04:29 PM

Yeap. I also get a 20fps penalty when i enable the PhysX effects

Bigbuck 08-07-09 04:58 PM

Not sure what FPS I was getting, but I turned everything to Medium with 2xAA and Phsyx on normal and to me it looked the same as Very High. The resolution defaulted to 1680x1050 but I changed that to 1920x1200. It didn't seem to lag on Medium so I guess my laptop did ok. The only thing I don't really care for is the viewing angle and not being able to change the video settings while the game is loaded, your forced to use the launcher. Maybe there is a way around that, I only played it through quickly.

mailman2 08-07-09 05:26 PM

Turn off PhysX the game runs much better. Will have to pop back in my 9600GT dedicated for PhysX and see how it runs. Its too bad the last time I had my dedicated PhysX 9600GT in was for Mirror's Edge. Doesnt really seem worth it to hang onto another GPU for a PhysX game that comes around every 6-8 months.

Game seems fun but it's like Prototype another click and slash, not much skill needed. Although the part where all the baddies were when you were slinging up and down was pretty fun.

Bigbuck 08-07-09 06:35 PM

It does seem like it will be a very linear game, but like mailman said the swinging around part was pretty fun and actually took my attention off of the stuff I didn't like. It's another one of those I will buy it, but not at $50 type of games for me.

NarcissistZero 08-07-09 06:42 PM

Linear does not equal bad.

pakotlar 08-07-09 07:15 PM

They should probably have focused more on general combat gameplay than they did. I certainly don't like the Fable 2 style fighting (1 button in that case, just really simple in this one). If I'm batman, I want to feel like I can kick ass, and that would probably involve a superhero like ability to kick tough enemy ass. I don't like the fact that they stand around waiting for you, or attack in turn.

That being said, I've been in street fights from between 2 and ~ 7 people locally (and between 4 and 20 for the entire group attacking vs my platoon of between 2 and 3, true story), and they generally do stand around, and for a seasoned fighter, they really are cannon fodder.

But I want the game world to be more "real" than the real world.

JohnDio 08-07-09 07:29 PM

I know i won't be playing it with the PhysX effects ON.

Even at 1280x960+4xAA, there are some areas where the framerate drops to 30 (and it really hurt my eyes. After all that's what i dislike in most consoles games, the damn 30fps cap).

Without the effects, it never drops bellow 62fps at 1600x1200+16xQAA with max details!

DeusGear 08-07-09 07:41 PM

Does the ps3/360 version have any physics or is it the same as off?