nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Home Theater A/V (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Can't get Hauppauge HVR-1600 to get QAM MediaCenter? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=137362)

TheBigOne 08-13-09 11:57 PM

Can't get Hauppauge HVR-1600 to get QAM MediaCenter?

I cannot get Hauppauge HVR-1600 to detected QAM in MediaCenter? I know the card is QAM capable Chipset on card is 74041LF I try reloading Vista and installing 2008 TV Pack with other patchs. I even try it without the 2008 pack and just the media center QAM plug-in still doesn't work I know I can recieve QAM because used other tuner in machine and it pickup channels no problem. Anyone out there had this problem, that can shed some light?

Sazar 08-14-09 01:09 AM

Re: Can't get Hauppauge HVR-1600 to get QAM MediaCenter?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigOne (Post 2067318)
I cannot get Hauppauge HVR-1600 to detected QAM in MediaCenter? I know the card is QAM capable Chipset on card is 74041LF I try reloading Vista and installing 2008 TV Pack with other patchs. I even try it without the 2008 pack and just the media center QAM plug-in still doesn't work I know I can recieve QAM because used other tuner in machine and it pickup channels no problem. Anyone out there had this problem, that can shed some light?

Have you tried the beta drivers?

Mr Bigman 08-14-09 11:54 PM

Did you apply the install of the driver?

Using device manager doesn't work you need to use the Wintv installer not installing wintv but only driver set and getting the complete succesful message at the end with a pc restart needed.

Make sure your QAM section of the tuner is connected with a signal that carries the channels desired by MCE.

Also make sure playready and the hotfixes are installed too with TVpack.

Also make sure to have the latest chipset and display drivers also installed.

Been running what i need for ever with my tuner and MCE with tvpack 2008 for months now no issues at all.

Also make sure you have windows firewall turned off when aquiring guide data and setup info so i can get region settings for tuner or it will not work right.

Usually their are 2 posts on Hauppauge cards with NTSC and ATSC signals so use ATSC as default first to force the signal and than connect other NTSC and rerun setup again to pick up other tuner.

Good luck

Your Bigman.

TheBigOne 08-17-09 12:23 AM

I gave up on that Hauppauge HVR-1600 try everything still no QAM believe the the tuner just didn't support the way comcast signals QAM channels, won't pickup channels in Wintv etheir sid the QAM scan nothing. because I notice on the new tuner just got, all channels are map on the high band 100-880 range.

Pickup up the PCI Pinnacle 800i version today at bestbuy, due to couldn't get the hauppauge 1600 to pickup any Clear QAM channel, even when the box say it clearly supports QAM. Reflash firmware on the pinnnacle tuner and now pickup every single QAM channel including Discovery and Tru-tv and so forth only channel I don't get is HBO, but I can get that tru my DVR. "I got to say that the best tuner I ever bought beat out my ATI 650 that is now dead reason why it got it replaced" And the HD channel look better then that ATI 650 for $84 is better then that $109 dollar 1600 that didn't pickup jack, even with wintv.

Mr Bigman 08-17-09 09:16 PM

I just ate an ear full of wax.

Good that you got the content to work shaw.

Hauppauge should of worked.

There is something missing from the setup than.

I would search the install cd for a reg patch or fix for QAM if possible.