nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Guild Wars 2 (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=137647)

ATOJAR 08-20-09 12:11 PM

Guild Wars 2

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/

Sgt_Pitt 08-20-09 01:53 PM

Re: Guild Wars 2

epic

nekrosoft13 08-20-09 02:41 PM

looks good, hope it offers more then GW did.

Mr. Hunt 08-20-09 03:55 PM

Looks like an expansion pack... Pretty disappointed in that. But hopefully they don't get lazy like they did last time and actually have a Z axis...

Atomizer 08-20-09 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt (Post 2070829)
Looks like an expansion pack... Pretty disappointed in that. But hopefully they don't get lazy like they did last time and actually have a Z axis...

Where does it look like an expansion pack? The video shows so much stuff not possible in GW, and an entirely new world.
I must say, GW2 has the most fantastical looking world I have yet to see in a MMO, like if you look at most MMOs, they have this bland cities, greenlands, forests etc, but the areas they show off in the video make it look like those creative fantasy paintings(im talking about the actual game parts, not the painted intro).
Though yeah, if they dont have Z axis stuff, that will kill it for me right there.

Mr. Hunt 08-20-09 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atomizer (Post 2070854)
Where does it look like an expansion pack? The video shows so much stuff not possible in GW, and an entirely new world.
I must say, GW2 has the most fantastical looking world I have yet to see in a MMO, like if you look at most MMOs, they have this bland cities, greenlands, forests etc, but the areas they show off in the video make it look like those creative fantasy paintings(im talking about the actual game parts, not the painted intro).
Though yeah, if they dont have Z axis stuff, that will kill it for me right there.

Graphically it looked like an expansion to me. I mean, it looks a little better, but I guess I expected more after years of GW 1.

What in the trailer wasn't possible in GW? Outside of the other races that seem playable (which is a nice addition, so long as they do it right).

Hopefully it will be good... I played GW from launch and played it for a long time, but I have quit for the past year and a half or so because it just got too bland for my tastes. The PVP in the game is just broken as it is... really hope they fix that and the Z axis thing.

ATOJAR 08-20-09 05:13 PM

I've never actually ever played GW, I have always wanted to play it but i never wanted to play a MMO that's been out for years and id be miles behind everybody else, Hopefully I might buy this on release if it looks promising ..... Ill have to see/read a bit more into it before i decide.

I don't have a clue what this "Z axis" thing is but by the sounds of it hope GW2 don't have it because it sounds like it could kill the game even before its release.

NaitoSan 08-21-09 12:01 AM

ArenaNet mentioned a while ago that Guild Wars 2 is a huge improvement over first Guild Wars. That's actually a great news and no more level 20 cap. I look forward to this more than Aion.

Mr. Hunt 08-21-09 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaitoSan (Post 2071076)
ArenaNet mentioned a while ago that Guild Wars 2 is a huge improvement over first Guild Wars. That's actually a great news and no more level 20 cap. I look forward to this more than Aion.

Well I wouldn't expect Anet to say it is going to be the same game lol. We will see... I hope it is good, but have my doubts after what happened with GW 1.

Atomizer 08-21-09 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt (Post 2070866)
Graphically it looked like an expansion to me. I mean, it looks a little better, but I guess I expected more after years of GW 1.

What in the trailer wasn't possible in GW? Outside of the other races that seem playable (which is a nice addition, so long as they do it right).

Hopefully it will be good... I played GW from launch and played it for a long time, but I have quit for the past year and a half or so because it just got too bland for my tastes. The PVP in the game is just broken as it is... really hope they fix that and the Z axis thing.

Well, honestly, there is so much more detail then what I saw in GW1, but, and this is the most important thing(for me anyway), I see an absence of "paths", in most of the scenes, it looks like theres no set path, or even varying between a few paths, it all looks wide open, go anywhere you want style, which also makes me hopeful for Z axis freedom(ie, they can jump).
Graphically aswell, especially the cities, ive not seen anything like it in GW1, or any MMO for that matter

jeffmd 08-21-09 11:42 PM

GW2 looked really good. There isn't a whole lot of content shown that we can ween facts off of, but from what was shown and what weve been told so far..

-Persistant open world, no more instances except maybe (hopefully) dungeons.
-Still no monthly subscription
-A very healthy team of artistic talent, showing some fantastic fantasy themed environments and monsters.
-A helluva lot of landmarks in the game

nutcrackr 08-22-09 02:13 AM

as long as they retain the very friendly co-op nature, the quick enjoyable combat (on repetition) then I'll be there.