nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   The Old Republic: 20 min walkthrough (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=137721)

Chesskid1 08-22-09 01:52 AM

The Old Republic: 20 min walkthrough

Part 1

you can find the rest on the side. i'm still watching through it, so i may or may not give my thoughts later.

i've been anticipating some gameplay footage, so hopefully it delivers.

Mr. Hunt 08-22-09 02:23 AM

Re: The Old Republic: 20 min walkthrough

Kind of disappointed. I guess I was expecting too much for the combat and graphics. Looks like it will be fun, but I don't know if I will be willing to buy it day one and pay monthly for this one... sadly most people will probably end up picking the sith knight or whatever.

bmg 08-22-09 02:46 AM

That Xbox 360 graphics? Hopefully it looks better on a good pc.

NarcissistZero 08-22-09 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmg (Post 2071621)

The game is not on the Xbox.

It's made like WoW to work on old computers.

NarcissistZero 08-22-09 03:45 AM

Okay, so that looked neat and all... I love Bioware games, and I like Star Wars for the most part. It made me want to play it.

But I do not want to play with other people. I just don't. I certainly don't want to pay a fee to do so.

Since this is a sequel to a popular singleplayer series I really hope they have some kind of offline singleplayer mode, but I know that is a pipe dream. Not sure what I will do when it comes out...

lIqUID 08-22-09 08:28 AM

wow, awesome! I just hope the bulk of WOW community types doesn't ruin it.

Lfctony 08-22-09 01:06 PM

Very nice... :) It's on my watch list. Hopefully, missions will be mostly like this (combat based) and not fetch this and that...

Ninjaman09 08-22-09 02:54 PM

Looks great, seems like they might actually deliver on this one. :)

Acid Rain 08-22-09 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NarcissistZero (Post 2071625)
The game is not on the Xbox.

It's made like WoW to work on old computers.

Which sucks ASS. I'm ready to move forward away from the stagnaters, to be honest.

That said, Bioware delivers, so I'll probably get into this one...

Zeta 08-24-09 02:01 PM

Finally I am getting excited for an MMO again.

arioch21 08-24-09 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmg (Post 2071621)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acid Rain (Post 2071997)
Which sucks ASS. I'm ready to move forward away from the stagnaters, to be honest.

That said, Bioware delivers, so I'll probably get into this one...

it may suck but thats the way u gotta do it in order to make money and survive as an mmo, its all business and trying to get as many sales as possible. Its looking ok to me and has potential, as long as the gameplay is fun im all for it.

jeffmd 08-24-09 11:53 PM

it looks ok..nothing impressive nore anything that really gets me to want to play it. I didn't like one of the things they were saying though, they wanted the game to play as if you were the hero. As if you were the one. This is pretty destined to fail in an MMO. While you can be looked upon as a powerfull adventurer, never should you be attempted to be singled out, because it totaly clashes with the multi-person aspect of the game. Also imo, all the good RPGs have started you at ground level, forcing you to work your way up. If you can allready blast 3 guys at the same time with ease as soon as you start, where to from then?

Btw I don't quite stick bioware in with the group of game companies "that can do no wrong".. ;)