nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Anyone want to see a ST: Elite Force 3? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=137803)

Intel17 08-23-09 10:14 PM

Anyone want to see a ST: Elite Force 3?

So I just played EF II and realized how awesome of a game it was. Imagine a sequel using Id Tech 5, with more complex character interaction, multiple story paths, excellent graphics, and amazingly detailed environments that make the whole thing seem movie-like.

Am I the only one interested in this or what? Thoughts?

MDarkbladeM 08-24-09 01:48 AM

Re: Anyone want to see a ST: Elite Force 3?

I would be more than interested on playing a third part of Star Trek: Elite Force. The first one and the sequel were some great games and still are, and I still visit them time to time.

Quick420 08-24-09 12:25 PM

Im in too:D

wollyka 08-24-09 01:35 PM

yes me too
Also a remake of the DS9: The Fallen will be great too :)

Quick420 08-24-09 01:48 PM

Screw Carmack and his ID tech5 bull****.The game needs to be remade with UE3 power.Lacking AA is a far better tradeoff,the plastic looking BS has got to go,really how could JC think this looks proper?I'm not sure how much changed from tech4 to tech5 but somehow I think nothing really has.ID lacks direction it seems......next up from JC,games on your gps:p

Intel17 08-24-09 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quick420 (Post 2072860)
Screw Carmack and his ID tech5 bull****.The game needs to be remade with UE3 power.Lacking AA is a far better tradeoff,the plastic looking BS has got to go,really how could JC think this looks proper?I'm not sure how much changed from tech4 to tech5 but somehow I think nothing really has.ID lacks direction it seems......next up from JC,games on your gps:p

Have you SEEN the Rage videos, sir?

Fotis 08-24-09 02:33 PM

Loved the first two games and I'd love to see a third one!:)
Maybe now with the new Star Trek movie success they'll start making star trek games again.

CaptNKILL 08-24-09 08:59 PM

I never got into the first one but Elite Force 2 was awesome. One of the most enjoyable FPSs I've ever played.

Sazar 08-25-09 01:01 PM

The EF games were decent, the 2nd was pretty smart :)

AMC_Duke 08-25-09 01:40 PM

it would be good but when its like the new Wolfenstein they can keep it

Intel17 08-25-09 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMC_Duke (Post 2073553)
it would be good but when its like the new Wolfenstein they can keep it

Haha, c'mon, the new Wolf wasn't that bad! But really, I think that if they made a new EF game with more RPG elements (the thing they did with the Kleeya/Telsia love triangle was neat), time to explore the ship, go on the holodeck to do some recreational stuff, etc., it'd be a HUGE hit.

Oh and if it were built on Id Tech 5, it'd be a graphical tour-de-force and it'd be pretty easy to release across all the platforms.

candle_86 08-25-09 02:49 PM

cant happen, the License for Elite Force is owned by Activision, the Star Trek Publishing License is held by Bethsada last I heard. So they cant make an EFIII, as Activision doesnt have the license to produce Star Trek content anymore and Bethseda doesnt own the IP to Elite Force