nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Sacrifice, still the best RTS after all this time. (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=137817)

Tygerwoody 08-24-09 09:15 AM

Sacrifice, still the best RTS after all this time.

After seeing Sacrifice pop onto STEAM, i figured I'd reinstall Sacrifice on my new computer. Sure enough, the game is still as fun as the day I got it over 9 years ago.

I know "best RTS of all time" is probably pushing it. I just made that title to get people to click the link. :D Age of Empires 2 is the best RTS, followed by Sacrifice. :D

Anyone who has not played Sacrifice, do yourself a favor and buy it on steam. Its only 9 bucks. I have played through the game at least a dozen times. To put that into perspective, i've probably only beat about 15-20 games my entire life. For me to actually finish a game REALLY means something. I have played this game from begining to end far more than any other game. Do yourself a favor and check Sacrifice out. :thumbsup:

RaidenWoW 08-24-09 11:46 AM

Re: Sacrifice, still the best RTS after all this time.

Starcraft.

http://www.johneh.com/wp-content/upl.../starcraft.jpg

Zelda_fan 08-24-09 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tygerwoody (Post 2072682)
After seeing Sacrifice pop onto STEAM, i figured I'd reinstall Sacrifice on my new computer. Sure enough, the game is still as fun as the day I got it over 9 years ago.

I know "best RTS of all time" is probably pushing it. I just made that title to get people to click the link. :D Age of Empires 2 is the best RTS, followed by Sacrifice. :D

Anyone who has not played Sacrifice, do yourself a favor and buy it on steam. Its only 9 bucks. I have played through the game at least a dozen times. To put that into perspective, i've probably only beat about 15-20 games my entire life. For me to actually finish a game REALLY means something. I have played this game from begining to end far more than any other game. Do yourself a favor and check Sacrifice out. :thumbsup:

There is a game on the Wii called little king story. If you like sacrifice, and you can get past the kiddy-looking graphics, you'll love this game. Honestly it's probably the most innovative RPG since star craft. Really incredible game. Hell, I'll sell my copy to you for $30 + shipping.

Tygerwoody 08-24-09 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zelda_fan (Post 2072792)
There is a game on the Wii called little king story. If you like sacrifice, and you can get past the kiddy-looking graphics, you'll love this game. Honestly it's probably the most innovative RPG since star craft. Really incredible game. Hell, I'll sell my copy to you for $30 + shipping.

I can't get past those kiddy looking graphics. Sorry.

Zelda_fan 08-24-09 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tygerwoody (Post 2072801)
I can't get past those kiddy looking graphics. Sorry.

I'm telling you, it's one of the best RTS of all time. The sheer amount of depth to the game, not to mention the boss battles are amazing. But suit yourself.

Quick420 08-24-09 01:57 PM

Imma re-install my now and see how it fares.Maybe this time I'll actually finish the damn game.When it came out I was grabbing voodoo2's 3's etc trying in a vain attempt to get the game textures to work correctly.My v3-3500 finally allowed me to play properly then came the wife:thumbdwn:

Zelda_fan 08-24-09 02:04 PM

I finished sacrifice, but I always remember it being a very buggy game. I would get a lot of random crashes. Still, great game.

Quick420 08-24-09 02:14 PM

Ok,re-installed now to go hunting for patches...lol bbl PATCH 3 is the latest?????? I cant find any ******* patches.

Quick420 08-24-09 02:34 PM

So I get it patched to #3 and it still tells me i need 128mb of virtual memory available.LAWLS.No need to bother with it now the disc is NUKED.I dont think I was meant to enjoy this one.G-dam you SHiny MDKMDKMDK:p

Ancient76 08-24-09 02:52 PM

Ah, fantastic game!

Gaco 08-25-09 05:09 AM

Yes I tried. I can't bring myself to recommend anyone to get it unless some work is done to increase stability and compatibility. Hell some people can't even get as far as the main menu because the game requests a CD key, but none is given in the purchase. This happened to when I tried it at my friend's computer because it didn't work on my own (due to another problem, extremely unstable framerate with creatures on screen).

I agree it's one of the greatest, but the disappointment I feel now being utterly unable to play it despite having paid for it on what I used to think was a rock solid reliable service, Steam, make me kind of want to forget about the game :(

Tygerwoody 08-25-09 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaco (Post 2073286)
Yes I tried. I can't bring myself to recommend anyone to get it unless some work is done to increase stability and compatibility. Hell some people can't even get as far as the main menu because the game requests a CD key, but none is given in the purchase.

Thats incorrect. The game does come with a CD key. I still have my jewel case with the CD key.