nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Benchmarking And Overclocking (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   PhysX Benchmark (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=138014)

namuk 08-28-09 09:47 AM

PhysX Benchmark
 
as above is there a working tool for Vista 64 ?

Burnt_Ram 10-15-09 09:44 AM

Re: PhysX Benchmark
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by namuk (Post 2075718)
as above is there a working tool for Vista 64 ?

i used the Cryostasis Tech Demo to see how my 8800GT would do for physx. it's the only one i could find? im on win7 x64, so i would imagine it would run on Vista aswell :)

Burnt_Ram 10-15-09 10:19 AM

Re: PhysX Benchmark
 
found more physx demos.

http://www.nvidia.com/content/graphi...s/download.asp

namuk 10-15-09 10:25 AM

Re: PhysX Benchmark
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burnt_Ram (Post 2104844)

Thanks for that, i did find the ones you Mentioned :) and test cards .. i took it out eventually so i could use 190 drivers and 3d clocks work correct on 280 .

Burnt_Ram 10-15-09 11:08 AM

Re: PhysX Benchmark
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by namuk (Post 2104849)
Thanks for that, i did find the ones you Mentioned :) and test cards .. i took it out eventually so i could use 190 drivers and 3d clocks work correct on 280 .

i used 190.62, but i had to install the old physx drivers that came with it ... then update to the newest ones or it wouldnt run on Win 7 ... oh and i also had to put a physxloader.dll in the windows/system folder. weird. must be a win 7 thing ...

namuk 10-15-09 01:12 PM

Re: PhysX Benchmark
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burnt_Ram (Post 2104882)
i used 190.62, but i had to install the old physx drivers that came with it ... then update to the newest ones or it wouldnt run on Win 7 ... oh and i also had to put a physxloader.dll in the windows/system folder. weird. must be a win 7 thing ...

Did the 260 drop to 2d mode when on desktop after doing above, only ever worked for me with 186.16 drivers as soon as i installed 190 drivers i got 3d clocks sticking they never went to 2d mode .

Burnt_Ram 10-15-09 01:39 PM

Re: PhysX Benchmark
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by namuk (Post 2105000)
Did the 260 drop to 2d mode when on desktop after doing above, only ever worked for me with 186.16 drivers as soon as i installed 190 drivers i got 3d clocks sticking they never went to 2d mode .

yeah i had to select the "prefer maximum performance mode" in NV CP to keep it from dropping to 2d while gaming, but oddly enough after gaming it still drops clocks. it goes down to 400 core and then drops to 300. best part is it doesnt drop while in 3D mode anymore :) best of both worlds ...

namuk 10-15-09 01:44 PM

Re: PhysX Benchmark
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burnt_Ram (Post 2105012)
yeah i had to select the "prefer maximum performance mode" in NV CP to keep it from dropping to 2d while gaming, but oddly enough after gaming it still drops clocks. it goes down to 400 core and then drops to 300. best part is it doesnt drop while in 3D mode anymore :) best of both worlds ...

I tried that mode it did work but as soon as i played a PhysX game the 3d clocks stuck None PhysX games were fine this was on 190 drivers but work Flawlessly on 186 drivers, i got sick of the hassle so took 8800gt out .:(

Burnt_Ram 10-15-09 02:09 PM

Re: PhysX Benchmark
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by namuk (Post 2105015)
I tried that mode it did work but as soon as i played a PhysX game the 3d clocks stuck None PhysX games were fine this was on 190 drivers but work Flawlessly on 186 drivers, i got sick of the hassle so took 8800gt out .:(

i just ran that tech demo, and you are right. it wont drop back to 2D clocks? WTF. strange ....

namuk 10-15-09 02:42 PM

Re: PhysX Benchmark
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burnt_Ram (Post 2105031)
i just ran that tech demo, and you are right. it wont drop back to 2D clocks? WTF. strange ....

Now try 186.16 Whql with latest PhysX softfware you will go back to 2d .. only Happens on PhysX Games in 190 drivers .

Burnt_Ram 10-15-09 02:45 PM

Re: PhysX Benchmark
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by namuk (Post 2105044)
Now try 186.16 Whql with latest PhysX softfware you will go back to 2d .. only Happens on PhysX Games in 190 drivers .

hopefully NV knows about this and i'm sure they do. can't be that hard to fix if it works properly with 186.18 NV drivers are getting as bad as ATi ...

namuk 10-15-09 02:50 PM

Re: PhysX Benchmark
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burnt_Ram (Post 2105046)
hopefully NV knows about this and i'm sure they do. can't be that hard to fix if it works properly with 186.18 NV drivers are getting as bad as ATi ...

Not seen anything in Release Note's Nv put up for Drivers ever .. but if you have 9 series card i am sure this problem will go .. i think the 8 series cards for PhysX are software and 9 series onwards are Hardware .


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.