nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Warp2search is reporting the UT2003 ship as today!!! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1384)

malachi1313 08-31-02 03:50 PM

Warp2search is reporting the UT2003 ship as today!!!

I crap you not go check it out. Never heard of a ship date on a saturday though....

SavagePaladin 08-31-02 03:55 PM

warp2search is reporting BS!
it happens often enough.
I saw NOTHING in the link they gave me to suggest that.

Starscream 08-31-02 04:02 PM

I was just over there and read this:

"Unreal Tournament 2003 defined ship date Saturday, August 31, 2002
Posted by Newsfactory on Saturday, August 31 @ 22:42:08 CEST
Unreality.dk reports that Lee Perry of Epic went on the Polycount forum with this little gem:
We have a very defined ship date now... that is not my business to talk about But it's (good for you guys, bad for me) not too far away at all.
Hey that's today! could they be right? where's the Demo then"

Seems to me they are just saying that they confirmed today that ut will be shipping soon.

SavagePaladin 08-31-02 04:09 PM

That's what Mark Rein said in the latest IRC chat log anyway.

JohnsonLKD 08-31-02 04:25 PM

http://ebgames.com/ebx/categories/pr...p?pf_id=220226

Yo, release date IS the first of Sep.

So, shipping should be done by tomorrow morning!!!

Anyway, how the HELL am I gonna make free 3Gb of Hard disk!!!

Well, gotta erase some games... shoot...:D

SavagePaladin 08-31-02 04:27 PM

how is october 1st september 1st?

WOMBLE 09-01-02 11:42 AM

In Hong Kong, as of Sunday 1 st September, you can get the UT 2003 pirated Cds. The cd covers look pretty convincing, as in the cover looks like the one posted on the net by a on line games seller. (a link from the official ut2003 site). However when I went to the shops selling original legit games, they said they didn't have it and didn't know when UT2003 would be on their shelves.

Womble

Matthyahuw 09-01-02 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by WOMBLE
In Hong Kong, as of Sunday 1 st September, you can get the UT 2003 pirated Cds. The cd covers look pretty convincing, as in the cover looks like the one posted on the net by a on line games seller.
I'm guessing this is from a beta build?

|JuiceZ| 09-03-02 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Matthyahuw
I'm guessing this is from a beta build?
yea it sounds like they're selling the 'fake' rtm release that a group of hackers put out a few weeks back.

As much as I want to, I'm finding it really hard to believe that the final vers of the game has already shipped when we've seen no demo? It just doesn't make much since, especially w/ all the talking Mark did about definitely releasing a demo for the unreal community to evauate the new features and find bugs.

saturnotaku 09-03-02 11:54 AM

I honestly don't think we're going to be seeing this game until November/December, especially since an official demo hasn't been released.

de><ta 09-03-02 12:03 PM

load of bs....

what hitman 2 ships on 10/01/02

yeah right....

SnakeEyes 09-03-02 12:38 PM

If they really intend to get the game shipped in time for the Christmas buying season, they need to get the demo out ASAP, and then they're gonna have to rush the tweaks in response to user input (from the demo) like mad, so that they can get the final game out quickly.

I somehow get the feeling that there have been closed demos released for testing, and that we're likely to see the final game on the shelf at the same time as we get the demo (regardless of what has been said before). I mean, look at all the 'two more weeks' comments. That tells me how trustworthy their estimates of what's going to happen and what needs to happen are..

P.S.- I don't really care if they solicite my input from the demo. I'll be buying the game the minute it hits the shelves, simply based on the leaked 927 and the fact that I know the final can't be worse. :D