nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Microsoft Windows 7 (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Lost catalyst control center? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=138420)

Riptide 09-07-09 11:27 AM

Lost catalyst control center?

I just did the upgrade and let windows update install the latest ATI driver.

However I don't have catalyst control center. It updated the driver, or so it said it did, but I have no way of going in and changing any type of settings.

nekrosoft13 09-07-09 11:45 AM

Re: Lost catalyst control center?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riptide (Post 2081017)
I just did the upgrade and let windows update install the latest ATI driver.

However I don't have catalyst control center. It updated the driver, or so it said it did, but I have no way of going in and changing any type of settings.

don't install drivers from windows updates especially for video cards.

download the driver package from ati.com

Riptide 09-07-09 11:50 AM

Kinda retarded then, that they even have that available on windowsupdate. If they are going to put it up there then they ought to at least stick CCC along with it. Stupid.

nekrosoft13 09-07-09 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riptide (Post 2081036)
Kinda retarded then, that they even have that available on windowsupdate. If they are going to put it up there then they ought to at least stick CCC along with it. Stupid.

as far as ati is concerned driver and control panel are separate entities. on their website you can download the driver only or with control panel.

nvidia on the other hand is one package, you can't install just the driver with no control panel.

Riptide 09-07-09 12:11 PM

I wonder if I ought to just put the CCC on by itself then rather than the whole package.

nekrosoft13 09-07-09 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riptide (Post 2081041)
I wonder if I ought to just put the CCC on by itself then rather than the whole package.

you probably can, but from personal experience it is better of versions match.

Riptide 09-08-09 12:34 PM

I ended up loading 9.8 - the entire package. The windowsupdate driver showed up as 9.7.

So far the only issues I'm having with 7 are the fact that I have 3 instances of folding at home running. Two CPU, and one GPU. If I pin them to the taskbar then only one of the 3 has the correct icon showing for it. I can go to the properties and change the icon all I want but it won't show up right.

Also had some problems with media player classic I had to iron out but those seem OK now.

hokeyplyr48 09-08-09 07:00 PM

ATI always doing things stupidly... :bleh: