nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA GeForce 200 Series (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   GTX 260 & GTX 285? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=138576)

ATOJAR 09-10-09 05:44 PM

GTX 260 & GTX 285?
 
Guys a mate of mine had a GTX 260 ... Hes just upgraded to a GTX 285 ... He swears blind that even with the exact same in game settings the graphics are better using a GTX 285 compared to a GTX 260 ... I said it cant be because they are built on the same architecture.

To clear thing up would there be any visual difference between a GTX 260 & a GTX 285 if you where using the exact same monitor & the exact same in game settings?

Maverick123w 09-10-09 08:10 PM

Re: GTX 260 & GTX 285?
 
Is he sure whatever game he is playing did not autodetect to higher settings? The visual quality at identical settings will be the same on both cards.

warlockk 09-15-09 07:16 AM

Re: GTX 260 & GTX 285?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick123w (Post 2082951)
Is he sure whatever game he is playing did not autodetect to higher settings? The visual quality at identical settings will be the same on both cards.

^ Yep.

Its the same card, with a little less speed and 24 of the 240 cores disabled. The visual "quality" is identical from card to card, the framerate will be a little slower on the 260.

-D

crainger 09-15-09 07:53 AM

Re: GTX 260 & GTX 285?
 
It's all in his head. LOL @ him.

dirtyboy 09-15-09 09:59 AM

Re: GTX 260 & GTX 285?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by crainger (Post 2085547)
It's all in his head. LOL @ him.

Yea, sounds like the placebo effect to me.

BioHazZarD 09-15-09 11:30 AM

Re: GTX 260 & GTX 285?
 
He should have bought another gtx 260.. but still u have to play at very high resolution and have a quite powerful cpu that wont hold u back ,otherwise u wont see much difference gtx260 -> gtx285

azanon 09-25-09 11:58 AM

Re: GTX 260 & GTX 285?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BioHazZarD (Post 2085700)
He should have bought another gtx 260.. but still u have to play at very high resolution and have a quite powerful cpu that wont hold u back ,otherwise u wont see much difference gtx260 -> gtx285

I had a stock 260 192 and upgraded to a stock 285. The 285 benches approximately 40% faster. As one might imagine, yes you can definitely tell the difference on GPU framerate limited games. Granted, that's only 5 or 6 titles, but still, 40% improved performance is quite a bit.

ATi 09-25-09 01:29 PM

Re: GTX 260 & GTX 285?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtyboy (Post 2085637)
Yea, sounds like the placebo effect to me.

+1 :)

snowmanwithahat 09-25-09 01:40 PM

Re: GTX 260 & GTX 285?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by azanon (Post 2092359)
I had a stock 260 192 and upgraded to a stock 285. The 285 benches approximately 40% faster. As one might imagine, yes you can definitely tell the difference on GPU framerate limited games. Granted, that's only 5 or 6 titles, but still, 40% improved performance is quite a bit.

I'm about to be dropping in a 285 in place of my 260 too... that's good to hear

I'm 100% positive things won't look any better though... kind of wish I had a mobo that supports SLI. Another 260 would have been a much bigger performance increase and way cheaper.

Revs 09-25-09 01:41 PM

Re: GTX 260 & GTX 285?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATi (Post 2092428)
+1 :)

+2

It's the best effect


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.