nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Microsoft Windows 7 (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   W7 Programs Updates (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=139319)

seeker 09-26-09 05:13 AM

W7 Programs Updates
 
I'm beginning to think that going to W7 isn't going to be so good after all. I just found that my email client, and the sound card driver are going to have to be purchased separately. At this point, I'm beginning to wonder just how many other software companys are going to jump on that bandwagon? Since my programs worked okay with the betas and RC, I never gave a thought to them disabling their software for the RTM.

glObalist 09-26-09 12:40 PM

Re: W7 Programs Updates
 
Since when do you have to purchase an email client, let alone a sound card driver? :headexplode:

Yaboze 09-26-09 03:15 PM

Re: W7 Programs Updates
 
This post makes no sense at all.

einstein_314 09-26-09 03:37 PM

Re: W7 Programs Updates
 
What are you talking about seeker? Purchasing a sound card driver??

seeker 09-26-09 04:06 PM

Re: W7 Programs Updates
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by glObalist (Post 2093057)
Since when do you have to purchase an email client, let alone a sound card driver? :headexplode:

Anytime that you want to use a good email client.

seeker 09-26-09 04:07 PM

Re: W7 Programs Updates
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaboze (Post 2093148)
This post makes no sense at all.

It might, to someone that could answer the question.

seeker 09-26-09 04:14 PM

Re: W7 Programs Updates
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by einstein_314 (Post 2093165)
What are you talking about seeker? Purchasing a sound card driver??

This is the one thing that doesn't make sense to me. When I Googled for a W7 driver for my Audigy card, I came across one by DanielK, which in the past was always free...apparently no longer. Creative does have a free download for W7, but there are portions of it that are disabled...like the equalizer. Creative is "famous" for disabling their software, in order to promote sales of their newer cards. That is why DanielK came to the forefront, because he simply hacked their software to reenable items broken by Creative.

However, now the DanielK downloads have release notes stating that purchase and activation are required, and a link going to Creative for information. Going to that page, it speaks of some individual software features for purchase, but nothing that I could find regarding the DanielK download.

EDIT: I should clarify...perhaps I should have said software/driver, rather than just driver, because they are often combined.

glObalist 09-26-09 04:32 PM

Re: W7 Programs Updates
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeker (Post 2093183)
Anytime that you want to use a good email client.

If you mean Outlook 2003/2007 then yes, but that one wasn't free in earlier Windows either.

seeker 09-26-09 04:40 PM

Re: W7 Programs Updates
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by glObalist (Post 2093197)
If you mean Outlook 2003/2007 then yes, but that one wasn't free in earlier Windows either.

No, I don't consider Outlook very good either. I'm referring to The Bat.

glObalist 09-26-09 04:44 PM

Re: W7 Programs Updates
 
Umm, so the Win7 version of The Bat you have to purchase, while the other versions are for free? Is that what you're saying?

seeker 09-26-09 04:47 PM

Re: W7 Programs Updates
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by glObalist (Post 2093203)
Umm, so the Win7 version of The Bat you have to purchase, while the other versions are for free? Is that what you're saying?

Unfortunately, if a person has a license for v3.x dated prior to November 20th, 2007, they have to pay full price for the W7 version. I missed the cutoff date by 10 days.

EDIT: No versions of The Bat were ever free.

nekrosoft13 09-26-09 05:03 PM

Re: W7 Programs Updates
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeker (Post 2093189)
This is the one thing that doesn't make sense to me. When I Googled for a W7 driver for my Audigy card, I came across one by DanielK, which in the past was always free...apparently no longer. Creative does have a free download for W7, but there are portions of it that are disabled...like the equalizer. Creative is "famous" for disabling their software, in order to promote sales of their newer cards. That is why DanielK came to the forefront, because he simply hacked their software to reenable items broken by Creative.

However, now the DanielK downloads have release notes stating that purchase and activation are required, and a link going to Creative for information. Going to that page, it speaks of some individual software features for purchase, but nothing that I could find regarding the DanielK download.

EDIT: I should clarify...perhaps I should have said software/driver, rather than just driver, because they are often combined.

maybe you should pay a bit more attention

Quote:

•Applications from the original Sound Blaster Audigy CD will not work with this download on Windows 7 and Windows Vista. Click here to download the latest applications that are available for your product.

Quote:

- DDL and DTS Connect License Activation 2.00.03 (*)
- Dolby Digital Live Pack 3.00.01 (*)
- DTS Connect Pack 1.03.02 (*)

(*) - purchase and activation required, except SB X-Fi Titanium, Auzentech X-Fi Prelude and Auzentech X-Fi Forte.
Those 3 features were NOT available for audigy card before, so next time write

Creative is famous for adding new features to OLD cards for tiny $4 payment, so I don't have to buy a new card.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.