nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Other Desktop Graphics Cards (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   ASUS EAH5870 - "Unofficial" Review (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=139580)

MikeC 10-01-09 09:36 PM

ASUS EAH5870 - "Unofficial" Review
 
Wanted to let folks know that I ordered an ASUS EAH5870 from Newegg a couple of days ago for $379 :afro:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...asus%20eah5870

As I've done with other ATI graphics cards, I plan to put together an unofficial review in this thread.

If you have any special requests, please let me know via PM.

- Install and Catalyst Control Center

- Analysis of Games To Benchmark

Benchmark Results

Up first are photographs of the product.


http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/asus_e..._eah5870_1.jpg


http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/asus_e..._eah5870_2.jpg


http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/asus_e..._eah5870_3.jpg


http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/asus_e..._eah5870_4.jpg


http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/asus_e..._eah5870_5.jpg


http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/asus_e..._eah5870_6.jpg


http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/asus_e..._eah5870_7.jpg

Rummy 10-01-09 09:40 PM

Re: ASUS EAH5870
 
Nice can't wait to see some benchie's, not sure if I want to wait for GT 300 seems so far away.:thumbdwn:

MikeC 10-01-09 09:49 PM

Re: ASUS EAH5870
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rum Cooler (Post 2096849)
Nice can't wait to see some benchie's, not sure if I want to wait for GT 300 seems so far away.:thumbdwn:

I know what you mean, but I have a hunch that the GT 300 will be something special. I haven't done a review in quite some time and I figured it would be a good idea to use this card in testing an updated suite of games to benchmark.

lee63 10-01-09 09:54 PM

Re: ASUS EAH5870
 
Wow...cool, looking forward to this (nana2)I would also like to see if you can duplicate the issue I had in Crysis DX10 and on my desktop.

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/319...1572123.th.jpg

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/183/94278467.th.png

Redeemed 10-01-09 10:34 PM

Re: ASUS EAH5870 - "Unofficial" Review In The Works
 
Gonna' sell it for cheap afterwards? :naughty:

I await your PM... :bleh:

LitHiuM 10-01-09 10:59 PM

Re: ASUS EAH5870 - "Unofficial" Review In The Works
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeC (Post 2096848)
As I've done with other ATI graphics cards, I plan to put together an unofficial review in this thread.

If you have any special requests, please let me know.

Looking forward to it.

Will you use water at all?

LordJuanlo 10-02-09 04:34 AM

Re: ASUS EAH5870 - "Unofficial" Review In The Works
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by slaWter (Post 2096998)
Mike, please test GTA4 and the new SSAA driver feature to see if you can get AA working in GTA4!
Thanks :)

What slaWter said, and please test it in Dead Space too

K007 10-02-09 05:09 AM

Re: ASUS EAH5870
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lee63 (Post 2096858)
Wow...cool, looking forward to this (nana2)I would also like to see if you can duplicate the issue I had in Crysis DX10 and on my desktop.

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/319...1572123.th.jpg

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/183/94278467.th.png

am i seeing things or do ure screenshtos have some funny green tiny dots?

lee63 10-02-09 07:45 AM

Re: ASUS EAH5870
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by K007 (Post 2097010)
am i seeing things or do ure screenshtos have some funny green tiny dots?

Your not seeing things.

Its even on the MSI forums
http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=130677.0

mullet 10-02-09 08:43 AM

Re: ASUS EAH5870 - "Unofficial" Review In The Works
 
Lee what kind of temps are you running?

MikeC 10-02-09 10:29 AM

Re: ASUS EAH5870 - "Unofficial" Review In The Works
 
Hmm...

4x (Four) Samsung 2494SW 24" Widescreen 1080p FullHD LCD Monitors $651

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthr...id=0&t=1585760

lee63 10-02-09 10:33 AM

Re: ASUS EAH5870 - "Unofficial" Review In The Works
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mullet (Post 2097043)
Lee what kind of temps are you running?

these cards don't get hot at all...idle mid 30s to low 40s, load never above 75.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.