nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Benchmarking And Overclocking (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Stability testing video cards... ? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=139623)

snowmanwithahat 10-02-09 02:07 PM

Stability testing video cards... ?

I used to use ATI tool... but it seems it hasn't been udpated since '06 which is a real shame.

It won't install correctly on windows 7 and all i've been able to do to test my stability is play crysis... alot

I can't think of any other way to see if my video card's overclock is stable. Do you guys use any special software?

I want this to be a bulletproof overclock... much in the way prime95 testing is

*edit* my clocks are

700 / 1600 / 2600

Is this goin to be pushing it too far? I don't have much experience with the 285 gpu yet... the 260 was far behind as far as clocks went that I'm used to

MaXThReAT 10-02-09 02:18 PM

Re: Stability testing video cards... ?

I've also got the OCing bug right now. I just started work on my 280. I've been using a loop of 3DMark06.

snowmanwithahat 10-02-09 02:38 PM

hmm, so there doesn't seem to be a great program like ATI tool anymore that'l automatically detect rendering errors (artifacts?) ... :(

I think i'm going to keep using crysis and just use my eyes... hopefully if something comes up I'll see it right away.

Johnny C 10-10-09 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowmanwithahat (Post 2097390)
I used to use ATI tool... but it seems it hasn't been udpated since '06 which is a real shame.

It won't install correctly on windows 7 and all i've been able to do to test my stability is play crysis... alot

I can't think of any other way to see if my video card's overclock is stable. Do you guys use any special software?

I want this to be a bulletproof overclock... much in the way prime95 testing is

*edit* my clocks are

700 / 1600 / 2600

Is this goin to be pushing it too far? I don't have much experience with the 285 gpu yet... the 260 was far behind as far as clocks went that I'm used to

I'm using ATi tool in Windows 7, it said something about signed drivers and blah blah blah....I ignored it, and ATi tool works fine.

try installing it and ignoring all the win 7 mumbo jumbo

Eliminator 10-11-09 12:11 PM

crysis gpu bench

snowmanwithahat 10-13-09 08:42 AM

Thanks... I guess my issues with ATI tool was that it wasn't installing that driver... which it didn't do once again, meaning alot of functionality is lost... HOWEVER, you still get the option to "scan for artifacts" which was really the only reason why I had the program... so glad it works still

I got impatient but pulled in over an hour stable at;
725 core;
1600 shader;
2800 memory;

I was a bit worried about the memory clock since that's really getting up there but it seemed to handle it really well.

MowTin 10-13-09 08:15 PM

I bought a GTX 275 FTW about a week ago. It's came clocked at 713/1512/1260

Playing Crysis Warhead I'm getting the nvlddmkm.sys "You display drivers stopped working and recovered" (something like that). I used to get this error with my 8800 GTS years ago when I first got it due to bad Nvidia drivers.

I'm using 185.12 because 191.xx is causing horrible stuttering in Fallout.

What drivers would I use to test this card for stability?

El_Mago_Peppins 11-06-09 11:51 AM

use ooct, is the best to stressing gpu