nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Microsoft Windows 7 (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Intel INF update file, how to install? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=139983)

Yaboze 10-13-09 01:56 PM

Intel INF update file, how to install?

Are you guys using this for your Windows 7 RTM builds?

I can't get it to install. I got the latest one and it says my PC doesn't meet the reqs.

9.1.1.1020, I am running a P35 Chipset, ICH9R, etc.

Lfctony 10-13-09 03:17 PM

Re: Intel INF update file, how to install?

I don't think its needed in 7. If you check you video card in GPU-Z, is it running in PCIe 16x mode? If it is, your motherboard has all the drivers from the OS itself. Not sure what else you need... But I didn't put anything else on my W7 installation other than sound and video drivers...

ViN86 10-13-09 03:32 PM

Is there a reason you need it? I don't have it installed on my P35 with Win7 x64.

Rakeesh 10-13-09 03:54 PM

No reason to add that which the OS already includes, unless there's a newer version that adds something that the included version doesn't have.

Yaboze 10-13-09 04:26 PM

Ok, because with Vista and XP, that was one of the first things you do after a fresh install.

Gimlis 10-13-09 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK (Post 2103816)
No reason to add that which the OS already includes, unless there's a newer version that adds something that the included version doesn't have.

Window 7 may already include compatable drivers, that doesn't mean there is no beinifit to updating or installing the hardware specific drivers from the manufacture..
Like drivers for most anything else the hardware specific chipset drivers can lend to improved system performace and stability..

Rakeesh 10-13-09 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaboze (Post 2103839)
Ok, because with Vista and XP, that was one of the first things you do after a fresh install.

Right, but look how old XP was compared to the hardware being used.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gimlis (Post 2103847)
Window 7 may already include compatable drivers, that doesn't mean there is no beinifit to updating or installing the hardware specific drivers from the manufacture..
Like drivers for most anything else the hardware specific chipset drivers can lend to improved system performace and stability..

Right, but this is assuming the manufacturer has released anything that would be better.

Lfctony 10-13-09 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK (Post 2103887)
Right, but this is assuming the manufacturer has released anything that would be better.

Correct. AFAIK, Intel doesn't have official inf drivers for W7 out yet. So, at least for now, I see no point... Its a risk if you ask me...

AngelGraves13 10-14-09 11:10 AM

Intel never updates their drivers, they simply add new INFs for newer chipsets. They have all ready provided a driver to Microsoft for Windows 7. There will NOT be a newer driver for current motherboards.

Dr.Nick 10-15-09 01:12 PM

When I ran that it only updated my AHCI driver but tbh I have noticed no difference. If you run it and it doesn't find anything it means windows already has the latest installed..

wysiwyg 10-21-09 05:01 AM

i didnt need the info drivers with my retail win 7

AMC_Duke 10-22-09 10:39 AM

I instaled the inf driver from the Asus web Page but they are the same for Vista ...