nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Networking And Security (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   2 wireless routers... (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=140285)

Albo 10-20-09 05:27 PM

2 wireless routers...

I use a wireless router at the other side, its actually a modem router, and its a G. So, it doesn't get too many bars to this side of the house. so I bought a wireless router, and I basically want to stop the wireless from the side of the house, and use this router as a wireless router (cause all of the wireless things are at this side of the house)

I bought a netgear refurbished thing, and I can't get the wireless key to set? Anyhelp? I am on routerlogin.net

Albo 10-20-09 05:53 PM

Re: 2 wireless routers...

Well, basically this doesn't work
I tried to connect wired on my PC, and it won't do anything. It won't connect, and wirelessly, with both iPod and laptop and desktop. Nothing connects. Do I need to set it to static IP, then enter the number manually? Because I have dynamic.

Also, should I cancel the modem/router's wireless features now?

Albo 10-20-09 08:02 PM

bump?

Albo 10-20-09 08:44 PM

I was able to do it myself

EDIT: Removed
lol, whenever I have a problem, and ask a question on the forums, I always manage to fix it myself after 30 minutes.

Runningman 10-21-09 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albokid2468 (Post 2108190)
I was able to do it myself

lol, whenever I have a problem, and ask a question on the forums, I always manage to fix it myself after 30 minutes.

Oh soooo sorry, you must have caught the nvnews geek squad between shifts, next time try to call them at their 1-800 number, you might have better luck with that..:headexplode:

Viral 10-23-09 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runningman (Post 2108294)
Oh soooo sorry, you must have caught the nvnews geek squad between shifts, next time try to call them at their 1-800 number, you might have better luck with that..:headexplode:

That time of the month?

six_storm 10-27-09 07:23 AM

The networking portion of the forums are left untouched IMO. Not a lot of people come in here and look around lol.

Good thing you fixed it yourself!

Albo 10-27-09 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runningman (Post 2108294)

I didn't mean that way. I just meant that I am constantly figuring out how to fix my mistakes, my apologies, I shall remove it right away.

DiscipleDOC 10-28-09 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albokid2468 (Post 2112396)
I didn't mean that way. I just meant that I am constantly figuring out how to fix my mistakes, my apologies, I shall remove it right away.

You're good, kid. Most of the time, people are really busy doing other things. If you do have problems that you can't work out, give us a little longer, and we will help you.

ViN86 10-28-09 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viral (Post 2109642)
That time of the month?

No Runningman has a point. Albokid doesn't do it, but many people ask questions here and demand answers like we get paid to do this. It gets annoying. Then they either get their answer and leave (or just come back when they have another question) or bitch and moan about how they didn't get an answer.

Typically they don't contribute back to the forums either way. I am not referring to albo, I am just speaking generally.

CaptNKILL 10-30-09 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albokid2468 (Post 2112396)

I do the same thing. Any time I post a problem here it some how gets my brain going and I can figure it out more easily. :p

I can't even count the number of times I've created a thread and figured out the solution within 5 minutes after posting. :lol:

Viral 11-02-09 04:45 AM

It just looked obvious to me that he was putting it across in a polite and joking manner. Yes text is always up to interpretation when intended emotion is concerned, but you'd have to be a pretty negative person to read what he said as an attack to those here that take their time to help people.

Anyway, glad you fixed it albo. I've done the same quite a few times. Or got responses that got me searching and found out the real cause of the problem in the process. No harm in asking either way.