nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Microsoft Windows 7 (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Vista will be like AGP for some, even with Windows 7, here is why..... (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=141038)

3777 11-07-09 01:18 AM

Vista will be like AGP for some, even with Windows 7, here is why.....

I recently purchased a laptop as some of you may know. The laptop came with VISTA Home Premium SP2 :cool:

I was also promised a free upgrade disk for Windows 7. I had my doubts but the Windows 7 CD arrived as promised, & rather then put the upgrade in my laptop, which already had Vista Premium SP2, I decided to upgrade my Carl AS ROCK (nana2) Weathers Core 2 Duo HD3850 AGP (lee) Desktop instead. Since getting the laptop, I felt Vista was faster and smoother then XP and so I was ready to bring AGP into the modern era. :cool:

The system upgraded FLAWLESSLY and Carl AS ROCK Weathers is running 1000% times better under Windows 7 vs XP, however I really can't tell much of a difference between the feel and performance of Vista SP2 on the laptop and Windows 7 on the desktop.

For reference, the Laptop has 3 gigs of memory and a 350 gig hd vs 2 gigs memory and 280 gig HD on the desktop. The desktop has much better video, and slightly better processor but both are POWERFUL and DUAL CORE.

I also read an article stating the when benchmarking XP, Vista sp2 and Windows 7, Windows 7 and Vista SP2 were fairly equal and both blew XP Pro SP3 out of the water. From my own experience I would say this is correct and recommend Windows 7 upgrade if your running XP, but not so much if your have the now GRIZZLED SP2 version of Vista. :cool:

I would also like to say that Windows 7 rated my 512mb HD 3850 APG system experience as 7.1 which clearly demonstrates the DOMINANCE. :cool:

CaptNKILL 11-07-09 02:52 AM

Re: Vista will be like AGP for some, even with Windows 7, here is why.....

Oh no, not this again. :rofl

Rakeesh 11-07-09 03:05 AM

On second thought, I think it would be pretty irresponsible of me to not post this photo:

http://adsoftheworld.com/files/image...---Heroine.jpg

Rakeesh 11-07-09 03:13 AM

edit: doh double post

mullet 11-07-09 07:26 AM

LaLwZZ

Johnny C 11-07-09 08:30 AM

This is like clockwork....every time the moon is full....this guy shows up posting AGP's dominance.

FearMeAll 11-07-09 08:30 AM

This thread put a smile on my face.
I like both windows 7 and vista sp2 myself. They are pretty close performance wise for me. But my pc rocks quad core at a stable 3.5 ghz.

UberRN69 11-07-09 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny C (Post 2119123)
This is like clockwork....every time the moon is full....this guy shows up posting AGP's dominance.

He either some guy that's is just sarcastic has hell and gets his 'sh1t's & giggles' from posting this AGP stuff, or he is just some high functioning Down's Syndrome kid who is allowed to play on the PC at the group home he lives at every couple of weeks.

Yaboze 11-07-09 11:36 AM

I doubt a 3850 got a 7.1. I don't think a 8800 GTX breaks 7.0 and that blows the 3850 away.

JasonPC 11-07-09 12:27 PM

http://www.acr0nym.com/gallery2/main...serialNumber=1

3777 11-07-09 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaboze (Post 2119160)
I doubt a 3850 got a 7.1. I don't think a 8800 GTX breaks 7.0 and that blows the 3850 away.

You better check your references sir, the HD 3850 is in fact SUPERIOR to all 8800 series cards. The Windows 7 Video Experience rating in the control panel for my AGP (lee) 512mb HD 3850 is indeed 7.1, though the overall score is lower because of the 2mb memory.

Another jealous lowly PCI-E user in denial of the DOMINANCE. :cool:

Important to note: If any SUPERIOR APG users are out there, to install an ATI series AGP card in windows 7 you must download the Vista 9.10 AGP hotfix drivers to your computer & extract them to a directory. Then, install the driver directly from device manager using the ATI directory and you're all set. :cool:

nekrosoft13 11-07-09 12:39 PM

great, mentally retarded are allowed to post