nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Console World (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   ***Official Assassin's Creed II Feedback Thread*** (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=141366)

newparad1gm 11-16-09 12:30 AM

***Official Assassin's Creed II Feedback Thread***

The release date was broken, as I just picked up my PS3 Master Assassin edition from Gamestop today. Free-running and parkour through the rooftops is as fun as always. The cutscenes are shorter and feature some quicktime events, so its not just watching Altair and Al Mualim talk for 5 minutes straight. Storyline is a bit more engaging and personal as well, and Ezio is a much more fleshed out character than Altair was. Although I'm still only on part 3 of 15 or so, and I've only really seen one city so far, but it looks to keep my attention and be more fun to play than the first one, which I felt got really repetitive and had to force myself to complete.

trivium nate 11-16-09 12:32 AM

Re: Assassin's Creed II

nice yeah i want this game for pc it should be amazing

NarcissistZero 11-16-09 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newparad1gm (Post 2124266)
The cutscenes are shorter and feature some quicktime events,

Ugh.

Mr. Hunt 11-16-09 01:29 AM

Going to pick my copy up at midnight tomorrow night. Was a bit disappointed in the first one, but from what I have seen they have fixed the major issues I had with the first game.

NarcissistZero 11-16-09 02:05 AM

Everyone please mark your spoilers in this thread and use white text... I want to read this to see the changes and reactions despite not playing it until the PC version comes out.

crainger 11-16-09 06:03 AM

We really need spoiler tags. Otherwise if people quote they need to change the text to grey.

newparad1gm 11-16-09 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NarcissistZero (Post 2124283)
Ugh.

Its not like the QTEs in Resident Evil 5 where missing one button means instant death. They just add some extra things you can do during the cutscenes, but even if you miss pressing the key in time, the cutscene continues.

NarcissistZero 11-16-09 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newparad1gm (Post 2124444)
Its not like the QTEs in Resident Evil 5 where missing one button means instant death. They just add some extra things you can do during the cutscenes, but even if you miss pressing the key in time, the cutscene continues.

Well that's not so bad. Still, I find any button pressing in cutscenes to be sort of annoying.

I agree the bossman went on too long in AC1 though... glad they are cutting that a bit back.

Destroy 11-16-09 01:41 PM

I'd like to hear how they addressed the repeativeness complaints that everyone had. Do you still have to listen to conversations the same exact way? Are there many more things to do and ways you can do them in the game now?

Marvel_us 11-16-09 02:26 PM

I'll probably wait until this goes on sale. Still have to play Ratchet & Clank and MW2 should be arriving tomorrow. If the repetitiveness is fixed then maybe I'll pick it up for Christmas.

tornadog 11-16-09 02:48 PM

gamefly shipped it today alongwith New Super Marios Bros...wish they had shipped GOW Collection instead, but heck its still good, getting 2 games shipped on release day!!!!

ViN86 11-16-09 03:45 PM

Why don't we just make a spoilers thread? That way you're guaranteed not to read any.