nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Software Development (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Any Matlab programmers/users here? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=141519)

SH64 11-19-09 03:55 AM

Any Matlab programmers/users here?

I'm curious to see if anybody around here uses Matlab for whatever purpose and how extensive is his use?

Also i have some questions in regard to this topic and i will appreciate any help with it! :)

ViN86 11-19-09 04:59 PM

Re: Any Matlab programmers/users here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SH64 (Post 2126522)
I'm curious to see if anybody around here uses Matlab for whatever purpose and how extensive is his use?

Also i have some questions in regard to this topic and i will appreciate any help with it! :)

I have been using MATLAB a lot for the past few years. I use it to solve PDE's (discretized) and ODE's as well as non-linear equations. I also have experience with plotting, including animated plots and 3d plots. I am in graduate school and working on modeling. I use MATLAB to solve my models and display my results.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'd be glad to help.

SH64 11-19-09 08:16 PM

Thats pretty cool! i'm in undergrad school and just starting to learn the basics (plotting, loops, stats ..etc) .. i use it sometimes for calculus problems too.

i'll be using it through my study for the next couple of years so yeah i'll get back to you once i need help! :D

einstein_314 11-23-09 02:34 PM

I've also used it a bit in my undergrad (I'm a 4th year mechanical engineering student). I used it a bunch actually last semester in my robotics course to calculate robot trajectories (find angles of joints, velocity of joints, and acceleration of joints) to carry the end effector through a given set of points using various interpolation schemes. Pretty neat stuff I guess. We also used it in a course a while back to solve ODE's. It's a pretty powerful package.

SH64 11-23-09 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by einstein_314 (Post 2129345)
I've also used it a bit in my undergrad (I'm a 4th year mechanical engineering student). I used it a bunch actually last semester in my robotics course to calculate robot trajectories (find angles of joints, velocity of joints, and acceleration of joints) to carry the end effector through a given set of points using various interpolation schemes. Pretty neat stuff I guess. We also used it in a course a while back to solve ODE's. It's a pretty powerful package.

Nice! i'll be taking some robotics classes in the junior year. I guess this means i have to get good at it eventually!

ViN86 11-23-09 11:12 PM

Also check out #matlab on irc.freenode.net

I hang out there from time to time as well.