nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Spoiler Tags. (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=141617)

crainger 11-20-09 05:26 PM

Spoiler Tags.

Dear MikeC

Is it possible to implement spoiler tags on the forum? I and a lot of other members enjoy playing video games and talking about our experiences playing those games. However it's all to common when discussing games to talk about story, which is all well and good for those who have completed the story. Issues arise when those who haven't completed the story stumble upon spoilers, even when marked it's easy to just keep reading and have your gaming experience diminished.

In days past we have coloured the text white and the user had to highlight the text to read it. It is fine until less technical or high users quote the text and it becomes visible. I've seen a few other forums, such as the Penny Arcade forums where spoiler tags have been implemented really well and think they would be a welcome addition to these wonderful forums.

I'm sure you will make the right decision regarding the case I have brought before you.

Thanks for you time, I know you have a lot of time on your hands as this place pretty much runs itself and we never cause you any discord. Just knowing you are reading this instead of sipping martinis just enforces my respect for you.

Swift Reply.

Love
crainger.

Redeemed 11-20-09 07:00 PM

Re: Spoiler Tags.

Quote:

Originally Posted by crainger (Post 2127881)
Dear MikeC

Is it possible to implement spoiler tags on the forum? I and a lot of other members enjoy playing video games and talking about our experiences playing those games. However it's all to common when discussing games to talk about story, which is all well and good for those who have completed the story. Issues arise when those who haven't completed the story stumble upon spoilers, even when marked it's easy to just keep reading and have your gaming experience diminished.

In days past we have coloured the text white and the user had to highlight the text to read it. It is fine until less technical or high users quote the text and it becomes visible. I've seen a few other forums, such as the Penny Arcade forums where spoiler tags have been implemented really well and think they would be a welcome addition to these wonderful forums.

I'm sure you will make the right decision regarding the case I have brought before you.

Thanks for you time, I know you have a lot of time on your hands as this place pretty much runs itself and we never cause you any discord. Just knowing you are reading this instead of sipping martinis just enforces my respect for you.

Swift Reply.

Love
crainger.

:lol:

From this day forward, I'm calling you "Max". :p :lol:

methimpikehoses 11-20-09 07:35 PM

enchantments?

crainger 11-21-09 08:58 AM

Enchantment!

Sazar 11-21-09 09:02 AM

You had me at "Dear" :wonder:

Bearclaw 11-21-09 09:45 AM

Yes, I will marry you, Crainger.

Wait.

:headexplode:

Bearclaw 11-21-09 09:46 AM

Seriously though, the spoiler tags would be awesome. I'm on a few other forums which implement them and they work really well.

|MaguS| 11-21-09 09:51 AM

I support this enchantment.

MikeC 11-21-09 10:30 AM

I will gladly look into implementing spoiler tags.

Revs 11-21-09 10:31 AM

I also support this enchantment.

EDIT: :wonder:

Sazar 11-21-09 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeC (Post 2128205)

Awww, you just spoilt it for us :bleh:

Shoulda used spoiler ta... oh wait :o

crainger 11-21-09 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeC (Post 2128205)

Thank you MikeC. As always it has been a pleasure.

I mean...

FAP

::wonder::