nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   General Software (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Need help with personal website - URL doesn't update in Firefox (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=142829)

MustangSVT 12-19-09 01:38 PM

Need help with personal website - URL doesn't update in Firefox

Hi all. I need a bit of help with setting up a website. I am currently using IIS 7 to host a website coded in ASP.NET. The website works and the pages work, however I have one problem that's very annoying. When I navigate the web site, the URL in my web browser (Firefox) does not update correctly. I've tried Internet Explorer and the same thing happens.

Here's a description of what's happening.

I type in Firefox my website (www.website.com), hit enter and it shows up. Now when I click a link or button on my website that navigates me to another page (i.e. www.website.com/test.aspx), I see the page correctly on the screen, but the URL in firefox at the top says "www.website.com". No matter how much I navigate through the website, the URL in firefox never changes. So basically my website is for whatever reason not updating/sending the information correctly to the web browser.

Note that I've tried using Apache and IIS 7 and with same result. I should also note I am using godaddy.com for DNS, so maybe that's what's causing it?

ViN86 12-19-09 02:30 PM

Re: Need help with personal website - URL doesn't update in Firefox

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangSVT (Post 2146987)
Hi all. I need a bit of help with setting up a website. I am currently using IIS 7 to host a website coded in ASP.NET. The website works and the pages work, however I have one problem that's very annoying. When I navigate the web site, the URL in my web browser (Firefox) does not update correctly. I've tried Internet Explorer and the same thing happens.

Here's a description of what's happening.

I type in Firefox my website (www.website.com), hit enter and it shows up. Now when I click a link or button on my website that navigates me to another page (i.e. www.website.com/test.aspx), I see the page correctly on the screen, but the URL in firefox at the top says "www.website.com". No matter how much I navigate through the website, the URL in firefox never changes. So basically my website is for whatever reason not updating/sending the information correctly to the web browser.

Note that I've tried using Apache and IIS 7 and with same result. I should also note I am using godaddy.com for DNS, so maybe that's what's causing it?

That's typically what happens when you use a re-direct. Are you hosting it on your machine or a dedicated server? Also, are you using a re-direct service (e.g. a service that you put websiteredirect.com and it re-directs to your IP) ?

MustangSVT 12-20-09 02:59 PM

Yea it's what you said, the problem was the forwarding feature that we were using on our godaddy account.

ViN86 12-20-09 03:11 PM

So did you get it fixed?