nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Official Mass Effect 2 Thread (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=144132)

nekrosoft13 01-26-10 10:10 AM

Official Mass Effect 2 Thread

Boys and Girls today is the day that Mass Effect 2 hits the stores. All NA Steam folks game should unlock in about 2 hours.

DISCUSS!!

trivium nate 01-26-10 10:16 AM

Re: Mass Effect 2 Official Thread!

I should be getting this game for pc :)

NarcissistZero 01-26-10 10:17 AM

Re: Mass Effect 2 Official Thread!

amazon.com says it's in Tampa... ETA is 2 hours... GIMMIE!

nomec 01-26-10 10:20 AM

Re: ***Official Mass Effect 2 (PC) Thread***

Be sure to put up some initial impressions if you are able to play it soon!! I won't be able to fire this game up until after work and after I go to the gym, ugh.

newparad1gm 01-26-10 10:28 AM

Picked up my PC CE from Gamestop midnight and stayed up until 4:30 am playing it. Now really out of it at work. Also having some problems logging into the Cerberus network with the key provided with the game, and it looks like a lot of other people are having it too, if the BioWare forums are any indication.

The game itself is very solid. From what I've played, it seems very similar to Mass Effect. Just that there's no real inventory anymore, or maybe there is, but I've haven't had to access it yet. There's a lot of exposition at the beginning too to get you back into the story, so I haven't hit the real meat and potatoes of the plotline yet.

Graphicswise, I've been playing it on my 5870. I have it on 12X Edge Detect on Supersampling AA, and it looks pristine, and nary a framerate issue. Haven't tried it on my NVIDIA machine, and not sure if 3D Vision works with it yet though. It would be sweet, but I remember ME1 having issues in 3D.

BioHazZarD 01-26-10 10:34 AM

(w/opics)

nekrosoft13 01-26-10 11:03 AM

this stupid steam counter better be correct.

right at 11am mark it changed to "approximately 1 hour" to at noon it should be ready.

Mr. Hunt 01-26-10 11:07 AM

Still waiting for Steam to unlock my dang game :(.

Mr. Hunt 01-26-10 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slaWter (Post 2173139)
Still waiting for Steam to allow pre-load in my region :p

Sorry :(.

But I am wondering... the Mass Effect 2 regular version on Steam says approximately 1 hour... but the Digital Deluxe shows approximately 5 hours... I know it is never accurate, but why is it different times? I better not get screwed for paying 10 extra bucks for the dang DD edition :(.

Kaguya 01-26-10 11:21 AM

Just out of curiosity, does ME2 natively support the 360 controller? I'm hoping that they fixed the menu-controls from the last game. I play with a unique keybind that the inventory system didn't care much for. If it's still wonky, I'm hoping I can at least fall back to controller.

nekrosoft13 01-26-10 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt (Post 2173143)
Sorry :(.

But I am wondering... the Mass Effect 2 regular version on Steam says approximately 1 hour... but the Digital Deluxe shows approximately 5 hours... I know it is never accurate, but why is it different times? I better not get screwed for paying 10 extra bucks for the dang DD edition :(.

i hope the 1 hour is correct

shilk 01-26-10 11:34 AM

Here's some stuff to get you guys started. :)

Depending on what decisions you've made in the first game such as romance options, etc., it will have some effect ME2. Awesome site where people have been uploading their save games for Mass Effect 1. Also, if you don't like the way people have designed their characters, you can always redo your face after importing the save file.

As per my other post in a previous topic, you can now get a code that shows your character's design. The awesome new feature makes it easier for people to share their creations. Just copy the code string and paste it into your character creation area at the bottom.