nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Crysis 2 preview (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=144235)

BioHazZarD 01-29-10 02:51 AM

Crysis 2 preview

3 years after crysis, whole world is in chaos, invaded by the aliens
-there will be a third party (maybe crynet systems guys)
-new york was destroyed by the aliens
-Military forces fight aliens at destroyes places
-new tactical mode enables player to focus at corpses and weapons and gather info from then
weapons:Name etc.. Corpses: Name, cause of death.
-Each nanosuit mode can be enhanced by modules, (module for tactical mode will for example display from what direction the enemy are attacking you ,etc.)
-maybe you are prophet
-the atmosphere will be a lot more intense (corpses swimming in water...)
-battles will be more tactical and with more oppurtunities
-multi height level combat (attack from top of the buildings or from holes under the street)-vertical gameplay ( jumping onto certain buildings to get an overview and plan your attack)
-enemies will try to attack you from upstairs and downstairs.
-aliens have changed a lot, they are human-like and use weapons now.
-story will be a lot more important;more detail and background will be added (similar to Bioshock)
-no word to the open world question and the MP question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOM44HTQd3w

TheANIMAL 01-29-10 11:54 AM

Re: Crysis 2 preview

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/21/desktopuw.jpg

I'm liking some of these screens :D

I made this desktop from one of them, i did the best i could with the original quality.

Kemo 01-29-10 12:35 PM

let's hope you won't need a pc from the future to run it at 60fps.

grey_1 01-29-10 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kemo (Post 2175531)
let's hope you won't need a pc from the future to run it at 30fps.

fixed

:o

TheANIMAL 01-29-10 01:53 PM

I made a better version, the "blur more" filter in photoshop is really quite powerful when combined with reduce noise and surfice blur. I also tweaked the colours a bit and obviously scaled it down.

Soetdjuret 01-29-10 02:13 PM

Wowowowowowowowow O_OOOOOOOOOOOO

Redeemed 01-29-10 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grey_1 (Post 2175554)
fixed

:o

:lol:

I've yet to run the game on my new 1680 x 1050 monitor, but on my old 1024 x 768 monitor I was playing 100% maxed in-game settings (DX10), with 100% maxed IQ driver control panel options (including SLi 32x AA) and the game was silky smooth- this is with dual 8800GTXs mind you.

Might have to fire the game up tonight and see how these 4 year old cards handle the game. I've already had to drop down to SLi 8x AA for games such as L4D2. Wonder if they'll play Crysis at that setting. :o

Soetdjuret 01-29-10 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheANIMAL (Post 2175582)
I made a better version, the "blur more" filter in photoshop is really quite powerful when combined with reduce noise and surfice blur. I also tweaked the colours a bit and obviously scaled it down.

hey animal, can you give a bit more detailed info of the techniques you've used for that pic and how you did. I've tried a few times but my result never ends up as good as yours. I must say am impressed with your work on that pic, the original pic was just horrible full of white noise.

TheANIMAL 01-29-10 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soetdjuret (Post 2175630)
hey animal, can you give a bit more detailed info of the techniques you've used for that pic and how you did. I've tried a few times but my result never ends up as good as yours. I must say am impressed with your work on that pic, the original pic was just horrible full of white noise.

Cool I can give a short tutorial. :)

I use Photoshop CS2 (if you have another version of Photoshop it should be very similar) and I obviously used this picture: http://img11.abload.de/img/scannen00153xko.jpg

1) Crop it carefully it is quite important you get rid of excess white bits around the edge this comes up important later.

2) Duplicate the layer 3 times.

3) On one layer I used the Remove Noise filter - I was quite brutal - maximum strength and remove colour noise, I didn’t preserve detail because it reserved the noise.

4) On another layer I used Surface Blur, with a radius of 2 pixels and a threshold of roughly 50 (you can play with the threshold a bit)

5) On another layer I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the Blur More Filter was quite effective.

6) Now all three methods create unique noise removal patterns which by them selves don’t look very nice. But by COMBINING them using the layer opacities across the three layers you can play around until you find the best compromise and hopefully cross each pattern out as best as you can.

7) Merge layers.

8) Image > Adjustments > Autolevel, this is where step one is important because the white around the edges will screw up the autolevel formula, as does the white noise you should have hopefully got rid of.

9) Get rid of the textbox by copying a small square of the image above the textbox and move it over the textbox, this will create a new layer you can conceal the edges using the erasor. This is mush quicker than covering stuff up with the clone tool.

10) Merge layers.

10) Scale image down with Image Size and for a blurry scan always use Bicubic Sharper filtering.

11) Tinker with the colours and create a top and bottom border so that it fits your monitor resolution.

12) Play with additional noise removal or smart sharpen until the feel of your image is right.

13) Play with colour correction variations until you are satisfied. Generally tinker around.

14) Good luck.

trivium nate 01-29-10 05:29 PM

SWEEEEEEEET

Soetdjuret 01-29-10 09:31 PM

Tack!

Ambrose 01-29-10 10:09 PM

The vertical level design sounds sweet. I hope we get to base jump off of a skyscaper.