nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Software Development (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   learning C# (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=144377)

proliferazor 02-02-10 06:33 PM

learning C#
 
I'm trying to learn c# language, I need everything I can get my hands on to help me learn, links, books, ebooks, magazines, instructional videos, plz if you know of something post it here thanks :)

FlakMagnet 02-03-10 01:43 AM

Re: learning C#
 
One great place for picking up sample code is CodeProject (www.codeproject.com). They have everything there from general programming tips and algorithms to excellent sample code written in C# submitted by the general public.

I would also look at the MSDN Library at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/default.aspx and there is also a "How do I..." section at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/vcsharp/bb798022.aspx which could be useful.

If you are looking for books, just to Amazon and search for C# books. They will be rated and you can avoid the ones people don't like. I thinks it's best to get opinions from lots of people when buying books and not just one :)

Good luck, and I hope you enjoy C# :)

frenchy2k1 02-03-10 01:58 PM

Re: learning C#
 
you could always start with the free ebook microsoft gives about C# coding:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...1&locale=en-us

edit: sorry, the book used to be free here: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/0...book-download/ but this option has expired.

It walks you through building your first program.
Why are you learning C# (what type of programs do you want to build?) and what is your programming experience?

proliferazor 02-03-10 09:18 PM

Re: learning C#
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by frenchy2k1 (Post 2178550)
you could always start with the free ebook microsoft gives about C# coding:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...1&locale=en-us

edit: sorry, the book used to be free here: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/0...book-download/ but this option has expired.

It walks you through building your first program.
Why are you learning C# (what type of programs do you want to build?) and what is your programming experience?

I learned python first. Fiddled with that for a bit, then started learning C++, but never really got deep into it. After that I learned the Arma 2 scripting language very well, I was a developer on the CLR (chenarus life revolution) mod. Also learned some basic SQL. Now I think I got enough experience to tackle a harder but more powerful language like c#.

Projects I have in mind include a weightlifting routine builder, input what body parts you want to improve and it will build you a routine. Based on techniques that are well known to work, ample rest cycles, proper set/rep ratios for your goals (size, strength, or endurance), 3-4 day splits ect ect Then output it to a text file so you can print it out and take it to the gym.

Im also looking into directx, i'd like to learn to make a simple game engine, fiddling with stuff like that is a lot of fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlakMagnet (Post 2178206)
One great place for picking up sample code is CodeProject (www.codeproject.com). They have everything there from general programming tips and algorithms to excellent sample code written in C# submitted by the general public.

I would also look at the MSDN Library at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/default.aspx and there is also a "How do I..." section at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/vcsharp/bb798022.aspx which could be useful.

If you are looking for books, just to Amazon and search for C# books. They will be rated and you can avoid the ones people don't like. I thinks it's best to get opinions from lots of people when buying books and not just one :)

Good luck, and I hope you enjoy C# :)

thanks added those to my bookmarks

proliferazor 02-06-10 02:12 AM

Re: learning C#
 
those msdn tutorial videos are amazing, need more stuff like that.

Lyme 02-07-10 11:33 PM

Re: learning C#
 
Nice reference: http://dotnetperls.com/

proliferazor 02-11-10 05:59 PM

Re: learning C#
 
watched all 8-10 hours of those MSDN videos, they were very helpful up to lesson 12, after that you make a RSS reader application, but instead of actually writing code, the video has you download the code then the guy gives a terrible summary of what he did to make it. I didn't even write a single line of code on it. Kinda a let down but still learned tons from the 1-12 lessons.

Is there anywhere else there's free videos like the msdn ones?

yehuda 03-27-10 02:23 PM

Re: learning C#
 
My favorite book is C# in Depth (second edition is coming soon, and is available here).
In my opinion it's a must have for any C# developer.

Stack overflow is also a pretty good resource, and you should also check some blogs out (like codethinked and Mitsu's).
These sites aggregate many different blogs: DotNetShoutout and DotNetKicks.

For videos, while not C# specific, you can check www.asp.net or here.

parker00 09-16-10 10:10 AM

Re: learning C#
 
I have completed my c. But want to learn c# is it same to it or something differr. Any good site to learn c#.

Lyme 12-25-10 01:25 PM

Re: learning C#
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by parker00 (Post 2319174)
I have completed my c. But want to learn c# is it same to it or something differr. Any good site to learn c#.

C and C# while they have the same general grammar are quite different. I'd suggest using the links above as a starting point.

Lyme 01-05-11 10:48 AM

Re: learning C#
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnpitter (Post 2372929)
C and C# both are same there are very minor difference in syntax of both. C was designed to be a low-level platform-neutral object-oriented programming language where C# is designed in some high-level platform.C# is more reach in terms of Functionality than C.

Exactly what is the colour of the sky in your world?

lduguay 01-05-11 11:28 AM

Re: learning C#
 
I think he meant C++ :headexplode:
Even so, C, C++ and C# are all VERY different in every possible way.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.