nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA GeForce 7, 8, And 9 Series (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Best video card for running dual displays? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1473)

nutsnbolts 09-03-02 08:20 AM

What is the best video card for doing....

Ok guys, I have posted a topic regarding dual displays. I'm not an expert on dual displays and video cards but currently I have an amd 1.4 athlon with a geforce3 titan3 ocz. After much research and input from users, this lead me to believe that my video card is not capable of dual display (extending my desktop, etc.)

Now the question is what is the best video card out there that I can get for extreme gaming, graphic designing and has the dual display capabilities.

There are so many different brands, pny, creative, nvidia, etc that I am so lost it's not even funny. Can someone point me to the right video card to get. Also, take in mind that I don't want to pay 300+ for a freaking video card which I already have spent on this titan3. P.s. if you haven't heard about the titan3, just do a search for titan3 geforce3 reviews, apparently the ocz website doesn't have the actual product in their website anymore...kinda wierd...

Anyway, please help me.

Gator 09-03-02 08:48 AM

if you dont care about 3d graphics and only professional PC use and dual monitors, I hear that matrox is the EXPERTS in dual display technology. But I don't have any definitive reviews to back up that claim, try http://www.anandtech.com or do a google search

nutsnbolts 09-03-02 08:55 AM

oh I care about 3d graphics. I need something that will be kick ass in games, although, I also do some professional "stuff" and want dual display, I'm trying to figure out which is better to get.

So far I have seen geforce4 ti4200 vs the radeon 9700....big price difference between the two but the 4200 seems reasonably priced, radeon on the other hand was like 400 bucks...

Gator 09-03-02 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by nutsnbolts
oh I care about 3d graphics. I need something that will be kick ass in games, although, I also do some professional "stuff" and want dual display, I'm trying to figure out which is better to get.

So far I have seen geforce4 ti4200 vs the radeon 9700....big price difference between the two but the 4200 seems reasonably priced, radeon on the other hand was like 400 bucks...

get yourself the card I use, the GF4 TI4400. It has 128ddr, dual display, and many have Vivo. The performance difference between 4400 and 4600 is marginal, but the price is only $188us! Besides, most 4400's overclock to 4600 speed anyway so you might as well get the cheaper one.

GF4 TI4200 I don't like because not all of them have 128ddr, and the ones that do often have slower speed memory :(

R9700 is an amazing card, but the price is outrageous, and some people are reporting various issues that make me kind nervous to buy.

heres a GF4 TI4400 with everything, except video-in, for only $187.95us
http://www.gameve.com/store/gameve_v...?idproduct=464

Chalnoth 09-03-02 12:43 PM

Btw, whatever you do, don't purchase the Gainward GeForce4 Ti 4200. It's apparently producing stability problems.

nutsnbolts 09-03-02 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gator

get yourself the card I use, the GF4 TI4400. It has 128ddr, dual display, and many have Vivo. The performance difference between 4400 and 4600 is marginal, but the price is only $188us! Besides, most 4400's overclock to 4600 speed anyway so you might as well get the cheaper one.

GF4 TI4200 I don't like because not all of them have 128ddr, and the ones that do often have slower speed memory :(

R9700 is an amazing card, but the price is outrageous, and some people are reporting various issues that make me kind nervous to buy.

heres a GF4 TI4400 with everything, except video-in, for only $187.95us
http://www.gameve.com/store/gameve_v...?idproduct=464

That is actually looking good... a 4400 GF4 128ddr. What is VIVO?

saturnotaku 09-03-02 12:57 PM

Quote:

What is VIVO?
Video-In/Video-Out - allows you to hook up your computer so it will display on a TV (video-out) or do some rudimentary video capture (video-in). :)

nutsnbolts 09-03-02 01:14 PM

In other words, it's useless...:D for my purposes.

Anyone else have any other suggestions, comments before I place an order for MSI GeForce3 4400ti 128mb?

Please before I make a mistake...I have a habit of doing that...lol.

saturnotaku 09-03-02 01:25 PM

Quote:

Anyone else have any other suggestions, comments before I place an order for MSI GeForce3 4400ti 128mb?

Trust me, you're not making a mistake. Push that "order" button with confidence. You're going to be getting a card that kicks butt at games, offers excellent image quality for professional work (considering its gaming pedigree) and doesn't cost a fortune.

You'll be happy with it. :)

Gator 09-03-02 01:38 PM

Quote:

In other words, it's useless...:D for my purposes.

Only one thing, its an MSI GeForce4 4400ti 128mb... not 3, check your quote :D

Go ahead and order the card, you're gonna love it! :cool:

fishlung 09-03-02 02:02 PM

My job involves digital graphic art and design work, and at the office most of the PCs have Matrox Millennium G450 Dual Head cards... At home I have a Visiontek Geforce4 TI4400. If I had the Geforce4 at work, I'd be able to work AND play games. It's a shame. ;) Anyway, you should be way happy with that card. It's well-priced :)