nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Official Assassin's Creed II Thread (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=148724)

mailman2 03-09-10 08:57 AM

Official Assassin's Creed II Thread

Yay for Target. Just got home @ 9:45am with Assassin's Creed II in hand. Best Buy and Gamestop aren't even opened yet. I can't wait to get into this...

Oh also, Batman AA PC is now $12.48 on clearance.

NarcissistZero 03-09-10 08:59 AM

Re: Official Assassin's Creed II Thread

I am envious.

Amazon preorder should be here right after lunch... looking forward to it.

mailman2 03-09-10 09:03 AM

..and for the doubters..

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/5241/img2639zp.jpg

|MaguS| 03-09-10 09:11 AM

One out of a hundred doesn't make it right. :p

NarcissistZero 03-09-10 09:14 AM

Oh my God, they didn't bother putting a manual in? You have to download or take it off the disc?

Christ.

You know what else is a good anti-piracy move? Making cool ass boxes that are fun to own. The collector mindset in America is strong, but these copanies insist on making the physical part of these products as pointless as possible.

|MaguS| 03-09-10 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NarcissistZero (Post 2204350)
Oh my God, they didn't bother putting a manual in? You have to download or take it off the disc?

Christ.

Pfft, they didn't even give him a disc.

FlakMagnet 03-09-10 09:34 AM

Quote:

Christ.

You know what else is a good anti-piracy move? Making cool ass boxes that are fun to own. The collector mindset in America is strong, but these copanies insist on making the physical part of these products as pointless as possible.

+1

I also like to own the 'Special Edition' of games as it's great (for me) to get a good manual and a nice box to put on the shelf with my other games.

This is just a cheap-ass bit a packaging. Might as well make it download only.

Come on publishers, get your act together!

mailman2 03-09-10 09:35 AM

Quote:

Christ.

PDF is on the DVD. Its says that (in yellow on top) on the booklet in there.

newparad1gm 03-09-10 09:44 AM

Newegg is awesome. I pre-ordered the game from there when they listed it at $46.99, and when Ubisoft made the dick move of raising the MSRP to $59.99 (thanks Activision), Newegg still honored my pre-order price when they shipped my copy out today. Hopefully the DRM servers have all their problems ironed out when I get my copy in hand.

|MaguS| 03-09-10 09:48 AM

Lucky you, Back when ME1 was coming out I got in on a discounted deal and they raised the preorder on me prior to shipping. I made such a complaint to them but they claimed they had the right to raise it on me.

Destroy 03-09-10 09:50 AM

$60. Ouchie. Guess them's the breaks if you want it first.

mailman2 03-09-10 09:54 AM

So far no problems with DRM. Installed, activated. No disc needed to play, unlimited activations too with this system which I really like. The game is great. But some of the controls seems really geared to the console still. They give you an icon of the head and u are supposed to know thats E on the keyboard - it doesn't show a 360 controller button either though so I guess you are to figure out the controls. Seems like there is a lot more story to this one.