nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   CPUs, Motherboards And Memory (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   nForce2 delay on purpose? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1490)

pelly 09-03-02 04:45 PM

nForce2 Delay on purpose?

Could NVIDIA be waiting for the 333FSB launch in October to release its nForce2???

Sounds like perfect timing to me....I hope it's sooner though...

:D

saturnotaku 09-03-02 05:02 PM

Maybe they're looking to iron out bugs, etc to prevent problems people were having with the first nForce release. I hope that's the case because I'd hate for NVIDIA to have history repeat itself.

LuckyNV 09-03-02 06:21 PM

nvidia seem liek the company to learn from their mistakes though...

koneill 09-05-02 01:06 AM

There's no delay. Board manufacturers are just going into full production swing and product should be out very shortly.

TheOneKEA 09-05-02 05:25 PM

Why wait?

Why wait for the 333MHz Athlons? If nVidia gets their nForce2 out now, bug-free and with features that people want, then all we'll have to do is add the processor to get a 33MHz FSB system. If they wait, people might not want the processor with the chipset and may wait a while.

netviper13 09-05-02 05:31 PM

Well it makes a lot of sense that nVidia would make absolutely sure their boards are compatible with 333 FSB before releasing them.

pelly 09-05-02 05:49 PM

Quote:

Why wait for the 333MHz Athlons? If nVidia gets their nForce2 out now, bug-free and with features that people want, then all we'll have to do is add the processor to get a 33MHz FSB system. If they wait, people might not want the processor with the chipset and may wait a while.
They (NVIDIA) could take advantage of the publicity of the AMD-announcement/launch and ride the marketing wave to the bank.

We all know NVIDIA will be waiving the 333FSB flag....we all know it already supports it...

Dazz 09-06-02 09:44 AM

Yeah if you saw they video all they could go on about was the Athlon's 333Mhz FSB more so then the built in video & sound lol.

retsam 09-06-02 12:07 PM

i think nvidia is going to have a huge release at fall comdex this year... or at least im hoping that they will. all these new products nforce 2 nv30 nv28 nv 18 why not release them all at once at the biggest trade show in the u.s. hmmm just my two cents

rets

TheOneKEA 09-06-02 06:03 PM

Good idea

Good idea. It would cause marketing overload and force people to maybe buy a combination of all three. Coolness :)

zoolap 09-06-02 06:12 PM

Re: Good idea

Quote:

Originally posted by TheOneKEA
Good idea. It would cause marketing overload and force people to maybe buy a combination of all three. Coolness :)
That said some might just get fed up waiting and buy something else.

TheOneKEA 09-06-02 09:38 PM

Maybe

Maybe. Then again, maybe not - and the people who don't buy it will probably research it anyway and will eventually buy it at a later date. My father is like that; he'll research something for a long time before buying it; he does that to make sure he's getting what he wants.