nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Bryan Del Rizzo Interview on the GTX400 series (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=149461)

Heinz68 03-28-10 11:10 AM

Bryan Del Rizzo Interview on the GTX400 series

Bryan Del Rizzo is Nvidia’s Senior PR Manager of Consumer Products. The interview is done by Alex Joy (Enjoy) from Tech Reaction Blog on March 27, 2010

Sazar 03-29-10 12:46 AM

Re: Bryan Del Rizzo Interview on the GTX400 series

I wonder if he's going to offer an apology for calling out semi-accurate and finding out it was more accurate than all the Nvidia PR put together :bleh:

Johnny C 03-29-10 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sazar (Post 2220740)
I wonder if he's going to offer an apology for calling out semi-accurate and finding out it was more accurate than all the Nvidia PR put together :bleh:

I'd like to see that actually happen.

Seems all the hardcore fanbois have retreated into the woodwork now that some actual benchmarks etc. have been released.

Fermi looks good, but I'm sticking with my original opinion that we won't see the benefits of the architecture until a refresh/die shrink.

It's also funny that no-one is retracting all the negative stuff they said about Semi-Accurate and nV hating Charlie....even though he was Pretty-Accurate about Fermi....

Vardant 03-29-10 10:03 AM

Really?

300W TDP, then 275W TDP, not able to hit 600MHz, switching from 512 to 480 and back or how about suggesting, that GTX 480 needs 42A alone? The last one wasn't actually him, but it's on his site...so at least he knew about it. There was also a point, when he denied something on B3D and completely changed his mind few hours after that.

What he might have gotten right is, that they were late, hot, power hungry. But he always says that. No wonder he gets it right, sometimes.

I'll admit, that he has sources. But he always puts a spin on it. For what purpose, I don't know.

Ninja Prime 03-29-10 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vardant (Post 2221013)
Really?

300W TDP, then 275W TDP, not able to hit 600MHz, switching from 512 to 480 and back or how about suggesting, that GTX 480 needs 42A alone? The last one wasn't actually him, but it's on his site...so at least he knew about it. There was also a point, when he denied something on B3D and completely changed his mind few hours after that.

What he might have gotten right is, that they were late, hot, power hungry. But he always says that. No wonder he gets it right, sometimes.

I'll admit, that he has sources. But he always puts a spin on it. For what purpose, I don't know.

He was about 95% accurate. Compared to NV PR, that was about 25% accurate. Yeah. Stop being a total fanboy.

Johnny C 03-29-10 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Prime (Post 2221335)
He was about 95% accurate. Compared to NV PR, that was about 25% accurate. Yeah. Stop being a total fanboy.

Which is exactly my point. So much FUD came out of nVidia on this....that nothing they said could be trusted...and as far as I'm concerned still can't.

nekrosoft13 03-29-10 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vardant (Post 2221013)
Really?

yap, SEMI-accurate

Yaboze 03-29-10 07:49 PM

I need a time machine to fast forward to the day when the die shrink, power consumption and price go down. :|

wishiknew 03-29-10 09:02 PM

I don't get why people are counting on a die shrink. Nvidia will just release another monster chip while Ati does their own thing. And if Nvidia does see the light and release something smaller, then there won't be a big jump in performance from the current gf100.

What they really need is to make some sort of massive increase in performance per transistor/area like rv670 to rv770 jump.

Viral 03-30-10 02:00 AM

Charlie was pretty damn spot on. The 250W TDP is complete BS when all reviews show it drawing more power at the wall than a 5970. The damn thing is 300w, if not more. Just like in the CPU game, stated TDP cannot be taken as fact anymore.

Fotis 03-30-10 10:51 AM

If I was doing the interview I would ask why they released the top end chip with part of it disabled.Isn't that a first for Nvidia?

Dogmifier 03-31-10 09:36 AM

I would still say that I find it confusing why the ATi lovers even post here. That's not to say, mind you, that ATi cards are 'bad'. They most certainly aren't, but I won't buy one from past experiences with them.

From what I've seen the Fermi's are awesome cards. Eat power, surely. Hot..mm....not so much so that I'm put off by it, rather I'll happily figure a way to cool the card. From what I ready, Charlie was not all that close. Other than the power and heat.

It's all in who's reading it, I guess.