nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Get a free "All Points Bulletin" beta key!! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=149912)

proliferazor 04-10-10 08:07 PM

Get a free "All Points Bulletin" beta key!!

Realtime World's online cops and robbers game needs players, so they've begged us for your help. They need people to test how well their huge, open-world runs and they've given us 10,000 slots for PC Gamer readers.

just need to sign up for free account at the pcgamer site linked above! Cya in game!

file 8gigs

auto downloader with restart

Mr. Hunt 04-10-10 08:28 PM

Re: Get a free "All Points Bulletin" beta key!!

Thanks, got in. Been wondering about checking this out.

t3hl33td4rg0n 04-10-10 09:13 PM

According to the site, this is an MMO with a monthly fee. No thanks

[AK]Zip 04-10-10 09:15 PM

Damn this thing is huge... Will take some time to download it all even with a 26mbps connection.

Quote:

Originally Posted by t3hl33td4rg0n (Post 2230925)
According to the site, this is an MMO with a monthly fee. No thanks

Who cares? Its free now just play it and enjoy.

t3hl33td4rg0n 04-10-10 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip (Post 2230926)
Who cares? Its free now just play it and enjoy.

Thats how they getcha ;)

Also, its free for the first 10k people... and its a beta from a no-name developer whos only other game was a 360 exclusive, that doesn't garner much faith.

And since its UE3, I wouldnt be suprised if its a buggy mess. Despite the great things developers can do with UE3 (bioware, gearbox, etc), its very easy to create an unoptimized mess of crashing, arbitrary limitations (ubisoft, codemasters), and junk (ubisoft, codemasters).

The fact thats its going to be a monthly fee MMO is enough to deter a lot of people, including myself.

Have fun with the beta (who knows how thats gonna be), and when its over, well, you can get suckered into paying monthly for a game, or feel left out or something lol.

[AK]Zip 04-10-10 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t3hl33td4rg0n (Post 2230931)
Thats how they getcha ;)

Also, its free for the first 10k people... and its a beta from a no-name developer whos only other game was a 360 exclusive, that doesn't garner much faith.

And since its UE3, I wouldnt be suprised if its a buggy mess. Despite the great things developers can do with UE3 (bioware, gearbox, etc), its very easy to create an unoptimized mess of crashing, arbitrary limitations (ubisoft, codemasters), and junk (ubisoft, codemasters).

The fact thats its going to be a monthly fee MMO is enough to deter a lot of people, including myself.

Have fun with the beta (who knows how thats gonna be), and when its over, well, you can get suckered into paying monthly for a game, or feel left out or something lol.

Nah I refuse to pay any sort of monthly fee to play a game so I will be ok. I am not cheap, but it is simply just against what I believe, but I will enjoy playing it for free while it is in beta.

t3hl33td4rg0n 04-10-10 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip (Post 2230933)
Nah I refuse to pay any sort of monthly fee to play a game so I will be ok. I am not cheap, but it is simply just against what I believe, but I will enjoy playing it for free while it is in beta.

Hey, if its free. Post some screenies for the rest of us ;)

K007 04-10-10 10:02 PM

[AK]Zip 04-10-10 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t3hl33td4rg0n (Post 2230938)
Hey, if its free. Post some screenies for the rest of us ;)

Can't...

"PLEASE REMEMBER THE NDA: Posting videos and screenshots as well as discussing the BETA outside of the forums is a BREACH OF THE NDA. You can find you more information here. To report a NDA violation contact support@apb.com"

Phyxion 04-11-10 01:20 AM

Like anyone cares about that :)
Anyway, signed up, lets all wait and see.

Mr. Hunt 04-11-10 02:04 AM

The download is taking me an eternity :(. Should be done by the time this thing starts, although I will say I HATE when they put short windows of opportunity to play the dang beta.

Phyxion 04-11-10 02:27 AM

Yeah download takes way too long, said 9 days here, now 6 hours left. It's 8GB I can download that 45 mins, lol.