nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Why buy a 470??? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=150456)

Eltigre88 04-28-10 02:29 PM

Why buy a 470???
 
If my current 8800GTX can play MW2 and BC2 maxed out and still be above 70FPS what is the point of buying a 200 or 400 series card? Help me understand because I'm looking for a reason to buy one. Thanks!!(nana2)

Bearclaw 04-28-10 02:33 PM

Re: Why buy a 470???
 
Well, it seems like you have money because you're just looking for a reason.

Reason #1 - You're an enthusiast - UPGRADE. :D

/Thread

Maverick123w 04-28-10 02:59 PM

Re: Why buy a 470???
 
I get 480 peformance for $150 less :D

Bearclaw 04-28-10 03:26 PM

Re: Why buy a 470???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick123w
I get 480 peformance for $150 less :D

But it's 4 - 7. NOT 4 - 8. :D

Galvin 04-28-10 04:16 PM

Re: Why buy a 470???
 
I got a 470, but if Nvidia ever does a 512shader card that doesn't draw power like crazy i'll get it.

Eltigre88 04-28-10 07:01 PM

Re: Why buy a 470???
 
True I love new technology and it is the driving force to buy right now.

CaptNKILL 04-28-10 08:11 PM

Re: Why buy a 470???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eltigre88 (Post 2241777)
If my current 8800GTX can play MW2 and BC2 maxed out and still be above 70FPS what is the point of buying a 200 or 400 series card? Help me understand because I'm looking for a reason to buy one. Thanks!!(nana2)

Well, because you aren't playing BC2 maxed out at 70fps constant on an 8800GTX... that's why. :lol:

You may be hitting 70fps at times but there's no way your getting 60fps+ at all times in multiplayer.

A newer graphics card could help you get there though...

SVTF_Pat 04-28-10 09:52 PM

Re: Why buy a 470???
 
Buy the GTX 470 so you can step-up to a GTX 480, that should be reason enough.:dance:

Bah! 04-28-10 10:52 PM

Re: Why buy a 470???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptNKILL (Post 2242033)
Well, because you aren't playing BC2 maxed out at 70fps constant on an 8800GTX... that's why. :lol:

You may be hitting 70fps at times but there's no way your getting 60fps+ at all times in multiplayer.


Took the words right out of my mouth.


Every time there is a graphics card discussion there is some 8800 owner who swears up and down that it still runs every game perfectly at max settings. It makes me laugh, really.

An 8800 is getting no where near 70 fps with everything maxed in BFBC2 and it might reach that with the super graphic card friendly MW2, but I doubt it.

Face it, an 8800 isn't going to play most games at max settings, so comparing one to a 470 or 480 is laughable.

Maverick123w 04-28-10 11:59 PM

Re: Why buy a 470???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearclaw (Post 2241819)
But it's 4 - 7. NOT 4 - 8. :D

The e-peen suffers greatly :(

Eltigre88 04-29-10 03:54 AM

Re: Why buy a 470???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptNKILL (Post 2242033)
Well, because you aren't playing BC2 maxed out at 70fps constant on an 8800GTX... that's why. :lol:

You may be hitting 70fps at times but there's no way your getting 60fps+ at all times in multiplayer.

A newer graphics card could help you get there though...

Yep your right and I just found this out with fraps. I am maxed out but running in low 20's on average. MW2 defenitly in 70's.

Eltigre88 04-29-10 03:56 AM

Re: Why buy a 470???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bah! (Post 2242119)
Took the words right out of my mouth.


Every time there is a graphics card discussion there is some 8800 owner who swears up and down that it still runs every game perfectly at max settings. It makes me laugh, really.

An 8800 is getting no where near 70 fps with everything maxed in BFBC2 and it might reach that with the super graphic card friendly MW2, but I doubt it.

Face it, an 8800 isn't going to play most games at max settings, so comparing one to a 470 or 480 is laughable.

Well Blah! Thanks for your wonderful insite. The world is truely a better place just having your wisdome all around us.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.