nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Starcraft 2 - JULY 27TH (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=150616)

six_storm 05-03-10 08:02 PM

Starcraft 2 - JULY 27TH

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2...ng-july-27.ars

(nana2)(nana2)(nana2)(nana2)(nana2)(nana2)(nana2)

dikinher 05-03-10 09:48 PM

Re: Starcraft 2 - JULY 27TH

Just a few month more baby. I haven't played a good RTS since World in Conflict.

trivium nate 05-03-10 10:20 PM

ill be getting this but i guess we only get the terran campaign first then the other 2 idk when

arioch21 05-03-10 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trivium nate (Post 2244870)
ill be getting this but i guess we only get the terran campaign first then the other 2 idk when

fine with me, mp and mods are my main interest :) tho the campaign will run about 36hrs.

Zelda_fan 05-04-10 01:13 AM

I've been playing the beta, and all I have to say is this is a sick sick game. Perfectly balanced. No matter what strategy your enemy throws at you, there is a counter if you scout it soon enough. It's all about strategy and intelligence, and outmaneuvering your enemy. I'm sure the SP will be good, but multiplayer is the reason to buy the game.

Muppet 05-04-10 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zelda_fan (Post 2244947)
I'm sure the SP will be good, but multiplayer is the reason to buy the game.

Please tell me it isn't true about no Lan option for this. I have been waiting for this game for years, this would totally suck if it is true. Please say it isn't so.

Zenoth 05-04-10 06:33 AM

I'll buy it on day 1, not the collector's edition though, that's too expensive for me. I'll play the campaign, complete it, maybe two times (on different difficulty levels if there are any) and then move on to the multi-player and get my ass handed back to me on a silver plate since I've always sucked at on-line RTS games, although I'm "good" against the A.I I guess... so I might end up sticking myself to off-line skirmishes (and I hope that off-line skirmishes against A.I opponents is present in SCII).

NarcissistZero 05-04-10 06:41 AM

I only play campaign in RTS, multi is way out of my league, but I look forward to it.

Had the collector's edition preordered on amazon since day one, but I might keep it sealed and sell it someday, buying a normal version to actually play. We shall see.

Zelda_fan 05-04-10 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muppet (Post 2244984)
Please tell me it isn't true about no Lan option for this. I have been waiting for this game for years, this would totally suck if it is true. Please say it isn't so.

There's no LAN in the beta, but I have no idea if they'll have it in the final release. Either way it isn't really necessary, as Battle.Net 2.0 essentially provides the same service. It's blazing fast. Never really experienced any lag in games. And you have a friend list, so just keep all your LAN buddies on your friends list and you can play games against each other.

DansFace 05-04-10 11:21 AM

They should change the name to Starcrack 2...
I Haven't been able to stop playing!!! :thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

anyway..
i'm looking for some 1v1 2v2 games

addd me MattsFace.Spah

maybe get some nvnews games going?

Zelda_fan 05-04-10 11:33 AM

Right now I'm just playing 2s with my little brother. Since then we have been face rolling our way through the gold league. If they start putting up 3v3 and 4v4 games though, for sure I'll play with some of you guys.

DansFace 05-04-10 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zelda_fan (Post 2245150)
Right now I'm just playing 2s with my little brother. Since then we have been face rolling our way through the gold league. If they start putting up 3v3 and 4v4 games though, for sure I'll play with some of you guys.

in the Q&A on twitter they said 3v3 and 4v4 would be coming mid may! I hope there is still plenty of life left in the beta :]

also some zerg and terran buffs coming!