nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   lost planet 2 pc (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=151104)

trivium nate 05-19-10 01:56 AM

lost planet 2 pc

when does this game come out for pc?

NarcissistZero 05-19-10 05:24 AM

Re: lost planet 2 pc

Later in the year, no one knows when.

Looking at reviews, I'm not exactly in a hurry.

nutcrackr 05-19-10 05:55 AM

Last we heard September sometime, playing the demo on PS3 though I am not interested in the game anymore.

wysiwyg 05-19-10 06:18 AM

yeah the reviews have not been good

:(

crainger 05-19-10 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NarcissistZero (Post 2253969)
Later in the year, no one knows when.

Looking at reviews, I'm not exactly in a hurry.

Sounds like they really messed it up focusing on co-op and left the single player close to unfinishable thanks to crummy AI.
I loved the first one, cool mix of 3rd person shooter, mecha and cleavage. ::jumping::

Is unfinishable a word? ::p:

wysiwyg 05-19-10 06:35 AM

it is now :D

NarcissistZero 05-19-10 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crainger (Post 2253979)
Sounds like they really messed it up focusing on co-op and left the single player close to unfinishable thanks to crummy AI.

It worked for Left 4 Dead 2 though.

Why Lost Planet 2 is given less slack on that issue I don't know, but the clunky controls and interface seem to get a lot of complaints, so maybe that exacerbated the issue to the point of it being a larger negative.

Ywap 05-19-10 11:01 AM

I just wanted more of that awesome single player LP 1 offered so im not so interested anymore :(

Ah well, Wolverine arrived in the mail today. Should be fun :)

|MaguS| 05-19-10 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NarcissistZero (Post 2253997)
It worked for Left 4 Dead 2 though.

Why Lost Planet 2 is given less slack on that issue I don't know, but the clunky controls and interface seem to get a lot of complaints, so maybe that exacerbated the issue to the point of it being a larger negative.

I think they were given less slack on the issue was because L4D2 is totally playable alone while from what I read some parts of LP2 are almost impossible to do on your own because the AI is so horrible.

NarcissistZero 05-19-10 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS| (Post 2254095)
I think they were given less slack on the issue was because L4D2 is totally playable alone while from what I read some parts of LP2 are almost impossible to do on your own because the AI is so horrible.

The finales of each campaign, The Parish especially, are almost impossible alone even on normal difficulty. The AI is just too stupid.

I love L4D, but if you're going to knock Lost Planet 2 for having problems being fully playable in single-player, you need to knock L4D2 for it as well.

|MaguS| 05-19-10 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NarcissistZero (Post 2254378)
The finales of each campaign, The Parish especially, are almost impossible alone even on normal difficulty. The AI is just too stupid.

I love L4D, but if you're going to knock Lost Planet 2 for having problems being fully playable in single-player, you need to knock L4D2 for it as well.

Um I can finish all the campaigns on my own.

NarcissistZero 05-19-10 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS| (Post 2254458)
Um I can finish all the campaigns on my own.

Good for you?