nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   APB (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=151262)

bacon12 05-23-10 01:33 PM

APB

Haven't seen so much as a mention of this here at nvnews so I make a da thread. I personally think this game is gonna rock, and I just bought it. GTA MMO pretty much, and if the combat is tight I can see it being a big hit.

I will support any title that is trying something new instead of rehashing old stuff. Check it out guys.

http://www.apb.com/

I pre-purchased on steam.

|MaguS| 05-23-10 02:38 PM

Re: APB

Eh I don't see how this game is gonna offer much replayability. Haven't seen much on it...

[AK]Zip 05-23-10 03:50 PM

I am in the beta for the game. I can't say I enjoyed it much at all. I uninstalled the game and moved on. GTA is way funner MMO or not. I even like Just Cause 2 more and I can't say that game is that great overall.

t3hl33td4rg0n 05-23-10 04:44 PM

Game looks boring IMO.

Sgt_Pitt 05-23-10 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t3hl33td4rg0n (Post 2256613)
Game looks boring IMO.

it is.

p.s there's a mmo section above

Mr. Hunt 05-23-10 05:26 PM

Yeah... it had potential but honestly it isn't that great. The lag is horrible (mostly because of all of the retarded crap they put in for an MMO that is just a hog for bandwidth) and weapon balance does not exist. Driving is terrible... the only thing I really liked was the customization.

NarcissistZero 05-23-10 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt_Pitt (Post 2256631)
it is.

p.s there's a mmo section above

Is 100 player instanced multiplayer really MMO material? That is my issue with this game... compare it to MAG or even Battlefield 2 and I don't see why I would pay a monthly fee for it. Factor in that I am against paying upfront AND monthly for games in the first place and... well, me getting APB is unlikely.

bacon12 05-23-10 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt (Post 2256632)
Yeah... it had potential but honestly it isn't that great. The lag is horrible (mostly because of all of the retarded crap they put in for an MMO that is just a hog for bandwidth) and weapon balance does not exist. Driving is terrible... the only thing I really liked was the customization.

I heard the lag was really bad due to US players being put in a EU server. Still if I don't like it after playing early access I will try and cancel it. I don't mind paying a small fee to play if its fun anymore than renting servers like now.

|MaguS| 05-23-10 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NarcissistZero (Post 2256640)
Factor in that I am against paying upfront AND monthly for games in the first place and... well, me getting APB is unlikely.

Yes because it was such a hard decision for you with Star Trek Online...

NarcissistZero 05-23-10 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS| (Post 2256680)
Yes because it was such a hard decision for you with Star Trek Online...

APB isn't exactly a franchise I grew up with my entire youth and am a complete fanboy over. And it isn't really an MMO. And I regret getting even Star Trek Online.

Add it up.

NarcissistZero 06-12-10 07:28 AM

Jesus, this is the best thread for this game? PC exclusive shooter and it has 8 posts?

Glad I am not alone in not really being excited over it. Oddly, only a couple weeks before it comes out, I got a beta invite. Guess I will be playing this tomorrow and seeing what is what.

Vardant 06-12-10 07:54 AM

Let me know how it runs, because the closed beta was unplayable. Plenty of sites giving thousands of keys if anyone is interested, Eurogamer had 50k for example. These kind of numbers tell me, it probably hasn't changed much.