nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Crysis 2 Beta (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=151898)

dikinher 06-10-10 08:04 PM

Crysis 2 Beta

http://www.mycrysis.com/newsdetails.php?news=43632

Quote:

Introduction
We are extremely pleased to announce that the MyCrysis re-launch will take place on Friday 11th June. From 12:00 (CET) the current MyCrysis site will become inactive and we will no longer be accepting registrations, this is in preparation of our re-launch taking place later in the day. As part of our thank you to you we want to give you the chance to get in on some great early sign up benefits, read below for details.

Crysis 2 Beta Opportunity!
Looking to get your hands on Crysis 2 early? Now is your chance! Early registrations will be tracked, and our first wave of users will have a chance to win a key as and when the Crysis 2 beta takes place. All you need to do is sign up early and one day in the near future you may be receiving a mail with an invite to the game.

Armed_Baboon 06-10-10 09:09 PM

Re: Crysis 2 Beta

Man I remember when the original crysis beta was released. Everyone was so shocked with the performance. It was the first time we all realized that dx10 was all a lie and not some magic performance booster. "it's just the beta" they said. But performance never improved much.

edit: So many nerd dreams were shattered that day. I must admit I was one of the people who saw the initial crysis screenshots and then read that the huge graphics boost would not be at the expense of performance due to the "magical" DX10 which was so much more efficient.

This "Crysis 2" is just crysis in name though, isn't it?

JasonPC 06-10-10 09:30 PM

I remember performance was better in the retail version as far as multiplay went, but not so much the singleplay.

trivium nate 06-10-10 09:41 PM

sweet
I signed up for the site

Ancient76 06-11-10 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armed_Baboon (Post 2267999)
Man I remember when the original crysis beta was released. Everyone was so shocked with the performance. It was the first time we all realized that dx10 was all a lie and not some magic performance booster. "it's just the beta" they said. But performance never improved much.

edit: So many nerd dreams were shattered that day. I must admit I was one of the people who saw the initial crysis screenshots and then read that the huge graphics boost would not be at the expense of performance due to the "magical" DX10 which was so much more efficient.

This "Crysis 2" is just crysis in name though, isn't it?

DX10? Crysis is DX9 game.

wysiwyg 06-11-10 04:33 AM

it had DX10 effects

Ancient76 06-11-10 04:47 AM

What effects? These effects are purposely locked.

wysiwyg 06-11-10 04:50 AM

the crappy website doesnt work properly

nekrosoft13 06-11-10 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armed_Baboon (Post 2267999)

yeeeaa... :headexplode:

You can't have it both ways, improved visual/effects and higher performance.

Eltigre88 06-11-10 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ancient76 (Post 2268117)
DX10? Crysis is DX9 game.

It was a DX10 game thats why most people purchased it for the new effects. It looked far better in 10 than 9!

Ancient76 06-11-10 08:28 AM

Unbelivable?

six_storm 06-11-10 09:36 AM

OMG t3H gR@ph1c$11