nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Microsoft partners with Crytek for 360 exclusive (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=152013)

dikinher 06-14-10 02:33 PM

Microsoft partners with Crytek for 360 exclusive

:headexplode:

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6265408...-360-exclusive

Quote:

Independent developer creating Codename: Kingdoms, an original intellectual property, exclusively for the Xbox 360.

NarcissistZero 06-14-10 02:36 PM

Re: Microsoft partners with Crytek for 360 exclusive

It's not necessarily a 360 exclusive yet. I look forward to seeing this misconception debunked. Fable 3 was stated as an exclusive as well, but is coming to PC... they mean console exclusive.

Mr. Hunt 06-14-10 02:47 PM

Not sure why people are upset yet. We don't know what kind of game it is AT ALL. NOTHING was shown, really.

Intel17 06-14-10 02:52 PM

Oh joy! Thanks, Microsoft and Crytek!

Not going to buy Crysis 2. Done.

Mr. Hunt 06-14-10 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intel17 (Post 2270185)
Oh joy! Thanks, Microsoft and Crytek!

Not going to buy Crysis 2. Done.

You should just go ahead and kill yourself.

NaitoSan 06-14-10 02:56 PM

I think people is upset to see Crytek teaming up with Microsoft with new game for XBOX 360... they're crying like they have been betrayed or something. IMO it's stupid and childish.

nrdstrm 06-14-10 02:58 PM

Not that they will tell me anything, but I'll try to ask either tonight at the MS event, or tomorrow at E3...I'm sure they will just say "It's undetermined at this time" unless they WANT it to be a 360 exclusive...

NarcissistZero 06-14-10 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaitoSan (Post 2270194)
I think people is upset to see Crytek teaming up with Microsoft with new game for XBOX 360... they're crying like they have been betrayed or something. IMO it's stupid and childish.

If it really is Xbox only, which again is an assumption at this point, then people have a right to be pissed they are losing a game from a treasured studio on their platform. Acting like it is a betrayal is a little over the top, but it makes sense to be annoyed or frustrated.

Toss3 06-14-10 03:02 PM

This whole exclusivity-thing is just plain retarded. Let the consumers choose which platform they want to play the game on. We should all just start ignoring every exclusive title out there, unless a first party title, for the sake of the industry.

Mr. Hunt 06-14-10 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toss3 (Post 2270203)
This whole exclusivity-thing is just plain retarded. Let the consumers choose which platform they want to play the game on. We should all just start ignoring every exclusive title out there, unless a first party title, for the sake of the industry.

In a perfect world, yes. But in business they need exclusives to make people want to buy their system more.

Toss3 06-14-10 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt (Post 2270215)
In a perfect world, yes. But in business they need exclusives to make people want to buy their system more.

I know, but I like the idea of the consumer having the last say. If only people were rational and voted with their money instead of being herded around like sheep. Not that I'm any better, but I like to think that I am. :p

Mr. Hunt 06-14-10 03:16 PM

I am rational. I see a game I want to play, I buy it and play it lol. I don't let the system it is on dictate my choices. I may hate on the 360 and the Wii a lot, but I own 1 of each and if a game I REALLY want to play comes out on them, then I will buy it.