nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   EA removed Crysis 2 because it was on PC! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=152217)

Noriega 06-21-10 02:46 AM

EA removed Crysis 2 because it was on PC!

This is pathetic!
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/55...o-See#comments

Mr. Hunt 06-21-10 02:51 AM

Re: EA removed Crysis 2 because it was on PC!

I don't think it was "because it was on PC"... more because it was on PC, while they were clearly trying to mislead 360 owners into thinking it would look like that.

NarcissistZero 06-21-10 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt (Post 2274516)
I don't think it was "because it was on PC"... more because it was on PC, while they were clearly trying to mislead 360 owners into thinking it would look like that.

Indeed.

I wondered this from the start and here it is proven. I don't think they actively want to remove PC footage, more just that it is embarrassing that they tried to make people think it was Xbox footage and it was actually PC footage.

I bet they approximated the Xbox visuals though, they just ran it on a PC to keep the framerate up while they optimize.

|MaguS| 06-21-10 06:29 AM

Quote:

perhaps also because it shows that Crytek's E3 demo was played using a Xbox 360 controller on the PC, and not on consoles as intimated.
EA Wanted them to show the game on X360, They mislead the public by demoing with an X360 connected to a PC off screen.

v3rninater 06-21-10 07:26 AM

Hahahaha... I love it.

Have to use PC to show people the cool new graphics, but when it comes to sales, CONSOLE FTW!! Stupid corporate morons...just like EA's amazing QA department!!

nekrosoft13 06-21-10 07:27 AM

poor console players will get disapointed with the visuals.

Vardant 06-21-10 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 (Post 2274576)

Not really, they will however try to convince everyone, that it looks exactly the same as promised :D

Sean_W 06-21-10 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 (Post 2274576)

I don't think so. Who is really going to say it doesn't look like that on the 360? Console versions are pretty close to the PC version because that's the developers goal. Games might get higher or extra effects on the PC but they could easily just set Crysis 2 to medium and you have the console version.

Besides, I don't think you can tell on a big screen like that, unless you have both versions on a HD screen yourself, since viewing videos of it doesn't pass the quality off. It would be almost impossible to tell if that was the PC version or console version anyway.

ViN86 06-21-10 09:11 AM

Anyone who owns a console and expects Crysis 2 to look as good on 360 as it does on PC deserves to have their $60 stripped from them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean_W (Post 2274627)
I don't think so. Who is really going to say it doesn't look like that on the 360? Console versions are pretty close to the PC version because that's the developers goal. Games might get higher or extra effects on the PC but they could easily just set Crysis 2 to medium and you have the console version.

Besides, I don't think you can tell on a big screen like that, unless you have both versions on a HD screen yourself, since viewing videos of it doesn't pass the quality off. It would be almost impossible to tell if that was the PC version or console version anyway.

I disagree. I play on consoles all the time and I really enjoy them, but just the higher resolution alone on PC's really makes their graphics so much better, imo at least.

NarcissistZero 06-21-10 09:15 AM

Thinking about it games are all made on PCs, whenever you see a behind the scenes vid it is always Xbox controllers hooked up to PCs. Maybe they just wanted it removed because of the crash.

Destroy 06-21-10 10:36 AM

EA trying to play the politically correct hero angle by now pulling the vids.

Impressions and false 360 showcasing has already been done as planned. They got what they wanted. Huge 360 sales will ensue.

nekrosoft13 06-21-10 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NarcissistZero (Post 2274651)
Thinking about it games are all made on PCs, whenever you see a behind the scenes vid it is always Xbox controllers hooked up to PCs. Maybe they just wanted it removed because of the crash.

true, at least time game all games are ported to console dev kit, and then optimizations are put in place